Update link on Scala IDE website is down

FVA GmbH

May 14, 2020, 2:46:03 AM5/14/20
to Scala IDE User

W Klink

May 16, 2020, 1:36:38 PM5/16/20
to Scala IDE User
Is there a mirror available anywhere, or an ETA when the site will be back up?

Iulian Dragos

May 18, 2020, 3:11:40 PM5/18/20
to Scala IDE User
I think you would have a lot more chances to get an answer if you tweeted and mentioned @lightbend and @scala_lang.

Thomas Genet

Jun 17, 2020, 4:26:07 AM6/17/20
to Scala IDE User
Dear all,

I am very much interested in having a mirror site for http://download.scala-ide.org/sdk/lithium/e47/scala212/stable/update-site.zip if somebody has one.
We use ScalaIDE for intensive teaching of 500+ students. We need this site to provide scalaIDE for students (using the bundled version is not always possible depending on students machine configuration).

Thanks in advance!

Thomas

P.S: by the way Iulian proposed to mention @lightbend and @scala_lang
 to get an answer, this is it!

Iulian Dragos

Jun 17, 2020, 4:31:10 AM6/17/20
to Scala IDE User
It looks like only the redirect from scala-ide.org is down, the artifacts are still in there. Try this URL instead:

I'll try to find someone who can add the right DNS record for the "real" link to work again.

Thomas Genet

Jun 17, 2020, 4:47:28 AM6/17/20
to Scala IDE User
Dear Iulian,

thank you for you quick answer!

However

looks to be also down :/

Thanks for any help!!

Best regards,

Thomas

Iulian Dragos

Jun 17, 2020, 4:51:20 PM6/17/20
to Scala IDE User
This certainly works for me, I'm assuming the update site works as well. What's the error you get?

Thomas Genet

Jun 18, 2020, 4:41:49 AM6/18/20
to Scala IDE User
Dear Iulian,

The second URL that you sent works: it makes it possible to download the .zip. Thanks!
However, when trying to install new software from the update site tou gave, eclipse gets stuck (pending...) and says that it tries to
fetch children of scalaide (13%).

Thank you again!

Otra Spandana

Jun 22, 2020, 3:42:24 AM6/22/20
to Scala IDE User
This http://download.scala-ide.org/sdk/lithium/e47/scala212/stable/site
is down. Please let us know when it would be available.

Iulian Dragos

Jun 22, 2020, 3:43:21 AM6/22/20
to Scala IDE User
I think the original URLs should be back up, can you please check again? There was an issue with the DNS records for download.scala-ide.org, which Lightbend says it is resolved now.

Thomas Genet

Jun 22, 2020, 5:13:19 AM6/22/20
to Scala IDE User
Dear Iulian,