there is no longer a 'free' way to signup new assembla accounts to report / work on scala IDE bugs

Andrew Norman

Mar 16, 2019, 7:06:27 AM3/16/19
to Scala IDE Dev

Assembla no longer offers free public and private SVN/Git repositories and project hosting with bug/issue tracking and collaboration tools.

Because of that there is no way to actually create a free account to submit bugs.

Bummer. I really did want to report an issue with the scala ide and auto-complete on newer versions of eclipse (Photon and newer). The auto complete constructor in these version has an additional parameter and this breaks the IDE.

Is the community looking at a way to provide public access to submitting bugs (either with assembla or a replacement to assembla)?

On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 07:16 PM, "Toshi Dávila" <toshi....@assembla-b4dcb72206cf.intercom-mail.com> wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out! We don't offer free plans anymore. The instructions they wrote on their support page here are outdated. You either need to

  1. Signup for a trial (which will be cancelled by us once you request it), or
  2. They need to send you an invitation to join their team.

I'd go go for the 1st option because it is easier. Just let me know when you are done signing up for a trial and I will get cancelled right away, meanwhile you will be able to submit support tickets on their support page.

Regards,
Toshi

all the info below on the support page is incorrect:

scala-ide-portfolio is a Public Portfolio from Assembla

Assembla offers free public and private SVN/Git repositories and project hosting with bug/issue tracking and collaboration tools.

check out other free and subscription products from Assembla that will help accelerate your development projects.

Before posting a new ticket

You need to create an account on Assembla. On the top right corner, there is a link "Try Assembla", where you can create your account. It is completely free and gives you email notifications on ticket updates. After you are logged in, there appears a green "New Support Request" button, which allows you to create a ticket.

Please have a look at the existing tickets and check if one of them applies to the issue you are seeing.