Live Chat

Josh Suereth

Jun 17, 2010, 8:07:56 AM6/17/10
to Scala Fresh
All.

I'd like to schedule a live chat about Scala Fresh for Tuesday, June 22nd, around 8pm EST.    This chat is for discussing the build set up and how we can work together to make this happen.   I just don't have the bandwidth to do all the various build hackery on my own, so I want to bring some new folks up to speed.

Please let me know:
1) If you are interested,
2) If this time works, and if not what times of day work better for you.
3) Your skype id

Please send anything you don't want public on the google group to my directly at joshua....@gmail.com

Thanks!
- Josh

Miles Sabin

Jun 17, 2010, 8:13:02 AM6/17/10
to scala...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 1:07 PM, Josh Suereth <joshua....@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to schedule a live chat about Scala Fresh for Tuesday, June 22nd,
> around 8pm EST.

That's not a good time for anyone in Europe ...

Cheers,

Miles

--
Miles Sabin
tel: +44 7813 944 528

Josh Suereth

Jun 17, 2010, 8:20:26 AM6/17/10
to scala...@googlegroups.com
Are you interested in joining the discussion?   I"m more than willing to adjust the time, I just started with one convenient for me.   If it's anytime before 7pm EST, it will be difficult for me to find a location to talk, but not impossible.

Miles Sabin

Jun 17, 2010, 8:30:43 AM6/17/10
to scala...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 1:20 PM, Josh Suereth <joshua....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Are you interested in joining the discussion?   I"m more than willing to
> adjust the time, I just started with one convenient for me.   If it's
> anytime before 7pm EST, it will be difficult for me to find a location to
> talk, but not impossible.

Yes, I'd like to participate ... at a minimum because I want to
provide Scala IDE builds against Fresh Scala, but also because I'm
setting up similar-ish infrastructure of the Scala IDE itself.

If you want to include people on the East coast, West coast and
Europe, then around 8am PDT usually seems to work.

Josh Suereth

Jun 17, 2010, 8:35:18 AM6/17/10
to scala...@googlegroups.com
Alright, sounds like a good new time then.   So, next week, noon EST (8 am PDT).   Let's try to talk for ~ 1 hour.   So, if everyone who is interested could fire me the best days to talk next week, that'd be great.   I'll working on finding a skype-compatible location or perhaps we can try an alternative solution.

- Josh

Miles Sabin

Jun 17, 2010, 8:39:56 AM6/17/10
to scala...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 1:35 PM, Josh Suereth <joshua....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Alright, sounds like a good new time then.   So, next week, noon EST (8 am
> PDT).

Actually, I think 8am PDT is 11am EST.

http://tinyurl.com/2ualqrw

But 9am/12pm/5pm would work for me too.

Josh Suereth

Jun 17, 2010, 8:44:58 AM6/17/10
to scala...@googlegroups.com
My bad, Yes, 9 am.  So, it's Miles and I so far.  Anyone else interested?

Indrajit Raychaudhuri

Jun 17, 2010, 8:57:09 AM6/17/10
to scala...@googlegroups.com
Josh,

Count me in. I am on a completely different TZ but can work around
whatever you guys converge on.

To summarize:

1) If you are interested,

YES

2) If this time works, and if not what times of day work better for you.

YES to any time that suits others

3) Your skype id
indrajitr

Thank you very much for driving this all through.

Cheers, Indrajit

On 17/06/10 6:14 PM, Josh Suereth wrote:
> My bad, Yes, 9 am. So, it's Miles and I so far. Anyone else interested?
>
> On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 8:39 AM, Miles Sabin <mi...@milessabin.com
> <mailto:mi...@milessabin.com>> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 1:35 PM, Josh Suereth
> <joshua....@gmail.com <mailto:joshua....@gmail.com>> wrote:
> > Alright, sounds like a good new time then. So, next week, noon
> EST (8 am
> > PDT).
>
> Actually, I think 8am PDT is 11am EST.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2ualqrw
>
> But 9am/12pm/5pm would work for me too.
>
> Cheers,
>

> Miles
>
> --
> Miles Sabin
> tel: +44 7813 944 528

> gtalk: mi...@milessabin.com <mailto:mi...@milessabin.com>

> skype: milessabin
> http://www.chuusai.com/
> http://twitter.com/milessabin
>
> --

> <mailto:scala-fresh%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>.

Indrajit Raychaudhuri

Jun 17, 2010, 8:56:49 AM6/17/10
to scala...@googlegroups.com
Josh,

Count me in. I am on a completely different TZ but can work around
whatever you guys converge on.

To summarize:

1) If you are interested,

YES

2) If this time works, and if not what times of day work better for you.

YES to any time that suits others

3) Your skype id
indrajitr

Thank you very much for driving this all through.

Cheers, Indrajit

On 17/06/10 6:14 PM, Josh Suereth wrote:

> My bad, Yes, 9 am. So, it's Miles and I so far. Anyone else interested?
>
> On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 8:39 AM, Miles Sabin <mi...@milessabin.com
> <mailto:mi...@milessabin.com>> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 1:35 PM, Josh Suereth
> <joshua....@gmail.com <mailto:joshua....@gmail.com>> wrote:
> > Alright, sounds like a good new time then. So, next week, noon
> EST (8 am
> > PDT).
>
> Actually, I think 8am PDT is 11am EST.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2ualqrw
>
> But 9am/12pm/5pm would work for me too.
>
> Cheers,
>

> Miles
>
> --
> Miles Sabin
> tel: +44 7813 944 528

> gtalk: mi...@milessabin.com <mailto:mi...@milessabin.com>

> skype: milessabin
> http://www.chuusai.com/
> http://twitter.com/milessabin
>
> --

> <mailto:scala-fresh%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>.

David Pollak

Jun 17, 2010, 10:35:28 AM6/17/10
to scala...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 5:39 AM, Miles Sabin <mi...@milessabin.com> wrote:
On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 1:35 PM, Josh Suereth <joshua....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Alright, sounds like a good new time then.   So, next week, noon EST (8 am
> PDT).

Actually, I think 8am PDT is 11am EST.

<off_topic post_stupidity="wicked high">
To be really pedantic about it, there is a three hour difference between Eastern Standard Time (GMT -5) and Pacific Standard Time (GMT -8).  But right now, the east coast and the west coast are on daylight savings time, EDT (GMT -4) and PDT (GMT -7) respectively.  So, noon EST is 1pm EDT which is 10am PDT and 9am PST.
</off_topic>

Anyway, I'm in for a 6/22 noon GMT -4... my skype ID is feederofthebears and I promise not to talk about time zones on the call. ;-)

 http://tinyurl.com/2ualqrw

But 9am/12pm/5pm would work for me too.

Cheers,

Miles

--
Miles Sabin
tel: +44 7813 944 528
gtalk: mi...@milessabin.com
skype: milessabin
http://www.chuusai.com/
http://twitter.com/milessabin

Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
Blog: http://goodstuff.im
Surf the harmonics

Derek Chen-Becker

Jun 17, 2010, 11:14:37 AM6/17/10
to scala...@googlegroups.com
I'll be on 6/22 at 16:00 UTC :P

Skype ID is dchenbecker2

Josh Suereth

Jun 22, 2010, 8:11:56 AM6/22/10
to scala...@googlegroups.com
Guys, I hate to do this.  I had a meeting I cannot move scheduled for me today for the same time as this one.   Would it be alright if we move the call one hour earlier or later, or to wed?

Thanks so much, sorry for the hassle!!

- Josh

David Pollak

Jun 22, 2010, 8:49:17 AM6/22/10
to scala...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 5:11 AM, Josh Suereth <joshua....@gmail.com> wrote:
Guys, I hate to do this.  I had a meeting I cannot move scheduled for me today for the same time as this one.   Would it be alright if we move the call one hour earlier or later, or to wed?

I had a couple of meetings pop up.  I can do any time after noon GMT-7.  But I think you guys should have the call without me and if there's anything you need from me, just let me know.

Miles Sabin

Jun 22, 2010, 9:11:23 AM6/22/10
to scala...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 1:11 PM, Josh Suereth <joshua....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Guys, I hate to do this.  I had a meeting I cannot move scheduled for me
> today for the same time as this one.   Would it be alright if we move the
> call one hour earlier or later, or to wed?
> Thanks so much, sorry for the hassle!!

One hour earlier or later today works for me ...

Miles Sabin

Jun 22, 2010, 9:28:01 AM6/22/10
to scala...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 2:11 PM, Miles Sabin <mi...@milessabin.com> wrote:
> One hour earlier or later today works for me ...

Hmm ... actually it doesn't :-(

Tomorrow?

Josh Suereth

Jun 22, 2010, 9:31:39 AM6/22/10
to scala...@googlegroups.com
I think given the current time and letting everyone adjust their calendars, perhaps tomorrow would work best.   I apologize to everyone!  I'll tentatively schedule for tomorrow at 16:00 GMT.  Please let me know if this is a problem.

Kevin Wright

Jun 22, 2010, 9:47:15 AM6/22/10
to scala...@googlegroups.com
ooh, that's ideal!