Logo Contest

Michael Slinn

Nov 11, 2012, 3:37:47 PM11/11/12
to scala...@googlegroups.com
This thread is dedicated for submitting logos for the BASE Logo Contest. Please refer to the BASE event page for rules.
Message has been deleted

Michael Slinn

Nov 11, 2012, 10:51:33 PM11/11/12
to scala...@googlegroups.com
The original Scala staircase logo is attached, as provided by Typesafe for this purpose. It is in svg format. Many programs can read or import svg.
Scala-Logo2008.svg

pe...@insidevault.com

Jan 10, 2013, 7:51:31 PM1/10/13
to scala...@googlegroups.com
I have attached my idea for a logo.

Som Snytt

Jan 12, 2013, 7:42:02 PM1/12/13
to scala...@googlegroups.com
+1 * WhateverWeightMyOpinionCarries.toDouble

As a Scala nuli (or newbie), I conceived this animation:

We follow Duke as he ascends a spiral staircase, we hear sounds of exertion (panting), which grow more labored, and the footfalls slow.

Finally, we zoom out to reveal that Duke is running up a red scala without end, and he is perhaps unable to keep up with the heights to which it aspires.

The staircase resolves to the Scala logo.

Mike Slinn

Jan 12, 2013, 9:13:23 PM1/12/13
to scala...@googlegroups.com, pe...@insidevault.com
Thanks, would you please upload the graphic to the contest page, so the membership can vote on it?

Mike

On 1/10/2013 4:51 PM, pe...@insidevault.com wrote:
I have attached my idea for a logo.

Glenn Lewis

Jan 13, 2013, 1:45:16 PM1/13/13
to scala...@googlegroups.com
My son, Parker, created these logos:

Glenn Lewis

Jan 13, 2013, 1:49:48 PM1/13/13
to scala...@googlegroups.com
Copy of Scala Logo Contest with Scala Spiral.png
Scala Logo Contest with Typesafe Staircase.png

Mike Slinn

Jan 13, 2013, 2:35:39 PM1/13/13
to Som Snytt, scala...@googlegroups.com
I like the concept. Will you submit such an animation before the extended deadline expires tomorrow at noon? This contest is for completed artwork (stills and video), not ideas or specifications for same.

Best,

Mike

Chester Chen

Jan 14, 2013, 9:52:59 AM1/14/13
to scala...@googlegroups.com, scala...@googlegroups.com
Love it, simple, concise, and distinct from  Scala user groups from other locations.
Chester

Sent from my iPad