Scala training in San Jose, March 18th to 22nd

Dick Wall

Feb 21, 2013, 12:23:32 PM2/21/13
to scala...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

In just under a month from now, Bill Venners and I will be running our Scala training course in San Jose, CA. details can be found here:

It's from March 18th to 22nd at Exit Certified in San Jose - easy to get to from light rail, caltrain, etc.

This is a very pragmatic Scala course. While it doesn't assume any knowledge of Scala for the applied course, the target audience is experienced developers in other languages, so it is not a "beginners" course, it is more of a conversion course. The applied workshop is 3 days during which you are soaked in Scala :-). By the end of it you will have a good day-to-day knowledge of Scala to use on projects. If you then decide to, or if you are already have a strong working knowledge of Scala and want to take your skills to the next level, you can do the Advanced course on Thursday and Friday which covers library and API design, DSLs, workflows and the M word :-), the type system in depth, best practices, patterns and much more. Full details of what's covered can be seen at:

Some of the differentiators for our course include, not 1 but 2 instructors bringing over 8 years of combined Scala experience with a dual screen setup for theory and practice being demonstrated side by side, a focus on practical Scala usage rather than theory (both Bill and I consult in Scala on long term projects for the 75% of the time we are not doing training), practical examples for every module (about half of the course is hands-on coding), and of course our trademark wit and humor :-). The material is bang up to date for Scala 2.10 as well, of course.

Thanks for listening, maybe we will see some of you for the course.

Dick Wall