Tournament Starting

Dave Churchill

Aug 16, 2011, 4:27:12 PM8/16/11
to scai...@googlegroups.com
We have worked out all major issues with the tournament.

All games are reporting results correctly and we cannot construct a
scenario where the tournament manager breaks.

The only remaining issue that about 5% of games are mysteriously not
saving replays... but this is something we cannot fix, since it is a
StarCraft issue.

The games will be running at 'fastest' speed. There are 13 total
entries, and we will be playing as many round robins as possible
during the week.

Good luck to all participants. We will keep you posted on how the
tournament progresses

- dave

--
-------------------------------
Dave Churchill

That's the thing about people who say they hate computers. What they
really hate is lousy programmers.

Dave Churchill

Aug 16, 2011, 4:36:05 PM8/16/11
to scai...@googlegroups.com
Valid Entrants (those which compiled and ran on our test environment)
in order of registration are attached as an html file.

Sorry to all who were disqualified due to compilation / running
issues, we tried very hard to get your bots to work.

- dave

entrants.html

Heinermann

Aug 16, 2011, 5:06:23 PM8/16/11
to SCAI2011
Can you keep us posted as the tournament progresses on #BWAPI?

On Aug 16, 4:36 pm, Dave Churchill <dave.church...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Valid Entrants (those which compiled and ran on our test environment)
> in order of registration are attached as an html file.
>
> Sorry to all who were disqualified due to compilation / running
> issues, we tried very hard to get your bots to work.
>
> - dave
>
> On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 2:27 PM, Dave Churchill
>

> <dave.church...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > We have worked out all major issues with the tournament.
>
> > All games are reporting results correctly and we cannot construct a
> > scenario where the tournament manager breaks.
>
> > The only remaining issue that about 5% of games are mysteriously not
> > saving replays... but this is something we cannot fix, since it is a
> > StarCraft issue.
>
> > The games will be running at 'fastest' speed. There are 13 total
> > entries, and we will be playing as many round robins as possible
> > during the week.
>
> > Good luck to all participants. We will keep you posted on how the
> > tournament progresses
>
> > - dave
>
> > --
> > -------------------------------
> > Dave Churchill
> > cda...@cs.ualberta.ca
> > dave.church...@gmail.com
>
> > That's the thing about people who say they hate computers. What they
> > really hate is lousy programmers.
>
> --
> -------------------------------
> Dave Churchill
> cda...@cs.ualberta.ca
> dave.church...@gmail.com
>
> That's the thing about people who say they hate computers. What they
> really hate is lousy programmers.
>
>  entrants.html
> 96KViewDownload

Dave Churchill

Aug 16, 2011, 5:07:49 PM8/16/11
to scai...@googlegroups.com
I will try to be there as long as I am near a computer

- dave

dave.ch...@gmail.com

Dave Churchill

Aug 16, 2011, 5:48:59 PM8/16/11
to scai...@googlegroups.com
Here is a stats game showing currently running games and how many
games have been played so far:

http://ugweb.cs.ualberta.ca/~scbw/tournamentstats.html

We have not tested this stats page extensively but it seems to work,
so if things look broken on it I wouldn't worry too much

Dave Churchill

Aug 16, 2011, 5:49:45 PM8/16/11
to scai...@googlegroups.com
Just to add: That website does an update every 10 seconds, so if it
says "Games Started: 1", give it 10 seconds to update

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 3:48 PM, Dave Churchill

Ibrahim Awwal

Aug 16, 2011, 5:55:37 PM8/16/11
to scai...@googlegroups.com
Wow this is really nice! Are results going to be posted live too, or
do we bite our nails until Friday?
--Ibrahim Awwal

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 2:49 PM, Dave Churchill

Dave Churchill

Aug 16, 2011, 6:18:17 PM8/16/11
to scai...@googlegroups.com
Because AIIDE is so far away, we have decided to release a daily
summary of the results of games played so far in the tournament.

I will post a summary of games played so far before I sleep tonight.

- dave