Tournament Replay Files

Dave Churchill

Aug 19, 2011, 5:46:19 PM8/19/11
to scai...@googlegroups.com
Hey Guys,

All of the replays, sorted by bot name and gameID are here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23817376/AIIDE2011/AIIDE2011-replays.7z

The file is 237.4mb, I hope that my dropbox can handle the bandwidth.
If not, feel free to mirror it.

Keep in mind that I have not yet tried to view or parse any of these
replays so I can't verify that they all (or any) of them work.

There will be a bunch missing, but most of these are due to crashed
games. Some of the properly ending games also do not have replays.
This is something I cannot explain.

I will put up a list of which games have or don't have replays this
weekend as well as put the raw results on the spreadsheets.

Thanks to all for participating and an unofficial congratulations to
Skynet for kicking some bot butt.

- dave

--
-------------------------------
Dave Churchill

That's the thing about people who say they hate computers. What they
really hate is lousy programmers.

Dave Churchill

Aug 19, 2011, 5:50:20 PM8/19/11
to scai...@googlegroups.com
Here is a link to the parsed results file which is used to generate
the data in the spreadsheet:

http://ugweb.cs.ualberta.ca/~scbw/all_results_parsed.txt

Itay Sabato

Aug 20, 2011, 10:30:33 AM8/20/11
to scai...@googlegroups.com
I've been trying to watch some replays but have encountered a strange occurrence -
against most bots the situation is that I can't watch any replays against them at all since they are not valid, and against others I can watch all of them. There is no middle ground!

Mine is ItayUndermind and I can see replays only vs. Nova, SPAR, Aiur or BTHAI. I can't watch any other replay (tried the ones in the other bots folders but still no good)

Is there an explanation or more importantly a solution to this problem?

If not it is very unfortunate! analyzing results is an important part of my project...

10x,

Itay.

krasi0

Aug 20, 2011, 10:54:14 AM8/20/11
to SCAI2011
Itay, just shorten the names of the files which seem to be invalid.
Regards

On Aug 20, 5:30 pm, Itay Sabato <itaysab...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been trying to watch some replays but have encountered a strange
> occurrence -
> against most bots the situation is that I can't watch any replays against
> them at all since they are not valid, and against others I can watch all of
> them. There is no middle ground!
>
> Mine is ItayUndermind and I can see replays only vs. Nova, SPAR, Aiur or
> BTHAI. I can't watch any other replay (tried the ones in the other bots
> folders but still no good)
>
> Is there an explanation or more importantly a solution to this problem?
>
> If not it is very unfortunate! analyzing results is an important part of my
> project...
>
> 10x,
>
> Itay.
>
> On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 12:50 AM, Dave Churchill
> <dave.church...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Here is a link to the parsed results file which is used to generate
> > the data in the spreadsheet:
>
> >http://ugweb.cs.ualberta.ca/~scbw/all_results_parsed.txt
>
> > On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 3:46 PM, Dave Churchill
> > <dave.church...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hey Guys,
>
> > > All of the replays, sorted by bot name and gameID are here:
>
> > >http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23817376/AIIDE2011/AIIDE2011-replays.7z
>
> > > The file is 237.4mb, I hope that my dropbox can handle the bandwidth.
> > > If not, feel free to mirror it.
>
> > > Keep in mind that I have not yet tried to view or parse any of these
> > > replays so I can't verify that they all (or any) of them work.
>
> > > There will be a bunch missing, but most of these are due to crashed
> > > games. Some of the properly ending games also do not have replays.
> > > This is something I cannot explain.
>
> > > I will put up a list of which games have or don't have replays this
> > > weekend as well as put the raw results on the spreadsheets.
>
> > > Thanks to all for participating and an unofficial congratulations to
> > > Skynet for kicking some bot butt.
>
> > > - dave
>
> > > --
> > > -------------------------------
> > > Dave Churchill
> > > cda...@cs.ualberta.ca
> > > dave.church...@gmail.com
>
> > > That's the thing about people who say they hate computers. What they
> > > really hate is lousy programmers.
>
> > --
> > -------------------------------
> > Dave Churchill
> > cda...@cs.ualberta.ca
> > dave.church...@gmail.com

Heinermann

Aug 21, 2011, 9:26:58 AM8/21/11
to SCAI2011
I'm going to see if I can parse the names and then get some mirrors
up.

Florian Richoux

Aug 21, 2011, 9:32:19 AM8/21/11
to scai...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dave,

I would like to thank you for the wonderful organisation of this tournament. I have learned so much by coding this bot, and I see I still have much to learn! GG to Skynet!

Do you plan to write official results on the tournatment web page? As well as some description of each bot, and maybe also an access to source files.

Cheers,
Flo (Aiur)

Dave Churchill

Aug 21, 2011, 9:45:48 AM8/21/11
to scai...@googlegroups.com
I suspect official results may be withheld until the conference :)

Florian Richoux

Aug 21, 2011, 10:01:37 AM8/21/11
to scai...@googlegroups.com
Fair enough. BTW, why the choice of running this tournament so early with report to the conference?

Heinermann

Aug 21, 2011, 12:19:19 PM8/21/11
to SCAI2011
Mirrors (with trimmed replay names so that they are valid in
Broodwar):
http://www.filedropper.com/aiide2011-replaystrimmed
http://www.badongo.com/file/25688592

On Aug 21, 10:01 am, Florian Richoux <florian.rich...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Fair enough. BTW, why the choice of running this tournament so early with report to the conference?
>
> Le 2011/08/21 à 22:45, Dave Churchill <dave.church...@gmail.com> a écrit :
>

> > I suspect official results may be withheld until the conference :)
>
> > On 8/21/11, Florian Richoux <florian.rich...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi Dave,
>
> >> I would like to thank you for the wonderful organisation of this tournament.
> >> I have learned so much by coding this bot, and I see I still have much to
> >> learn! GG to Skynet!
>
> >> Do you plan to write official results on the tournatment web page? As well
> >> as some description of each bot, and maybe also an access to source files.
>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Flo (Aiur)

> > --
> > -------------------------------
> > Dave Churchill
> > cda...@cs.ualberta.ca
> > dave.church...@gmail.com

Dave Churchill

Aug 21, 2011, 5:21:46 PM8/21/11
to scai...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I was planning on doing this eventually :)

dave.ch...@gmail.com

David Schneider-Joseph

Aug 21, 2011, 11:58:42 PM8/21/11
to scai...@googlegroups.com
I notice that a lot of the replays end abruptly before the game is actually finished, e.g. 261, 262, and 263. Any idea why?

Dave Churchill

Aug 22, 2011, 12:01:00 AM8/22/11
to scai...@googlegroups.com
Check to see if the other bot's point of view replay is present in
their directory. If it is not, then this would be because the other
bot crashed.

If it is, then I have no idea. I just tell it to save and hope it works :)

David Schneider-Joseph

Aug 22, 2011, 12:30:33 AM8/22/11
to scai...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it is present. :( I'm looking at the games between Skynet and UAlbertaBot. There are 29 in total, all of which are represented from both points of view.

Skynet's micro on the dragoons really kicks zealot ass. The only game UAlbertaBot wins (280) that I've seen so far, it's because Skynet never gets a significant number of dragoons out before a non-stop onslaught of zealots.

On occasion, Skynet seems to misuse its dragoons by not firing on enemies. This seems to be the behavior that Aiur is good at taking advantage of.

Florian Richoux

Aug 22, 2011, 12:35:49 AM8/22/11
to scai...@googlegroups.com
Just a precision to be fair: Aiur's dragoon micro is actually a
copy-paste from Gabriel's bot BBQ dragoon micro. I have done nothing in
micro-management for this year; I focused on macro only.

Le 22/08/2011 13:30, David Schneider-Joseph a �crit :