Short-notice funding opportunity, deadline Sunday

Jobst Heitzig

Feb 16, 2024, 3:13:59 AMFeb 16
to Social Choice for AI Ethics and Safety

Hi all,

OpenAI grants $10M for "Superalignment" projects, also mentioning RLHF: https://openai.com/blog/superalignment-fast-grants

The deadline is already on Sunday, but the submission form is short: https://airtable.com/appnIXmOlWAJBzrJp/paghnoKL6EHiKmKbf/form

Best,

Jobst

--
Jobst Heitzig
Leader, FutureLab on Game Theory and Networks of Interacting Agents (GaNe)

Main developer, vodle app (https://twitter.com/vodle_it)

Tel: +49 331 288 2692
Fax: +49 331 288 2640
hei...@pik-potsdam.de

Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research
Telegraphenberg A 31
Postfach 60 12 03
D-14412 Potsdam
www.pik-potsdam.de/members/heitzig
www.pik-potsdam.de/en/institute/futurelabs/gane/futurelab-gane

Please import my public key from www.pik-potsdam.de/members/heitzig
to be able to check my signature and send me encrypted email.

--
"We need to move away from one of the driving ideas of
twentieth-century technology: machines that optimize a given

"Fairness is evolution's solution
to the equilibrium selection problem" – Ken Binmore

"Incompleteness is our protection
against runaway optimization" – Marcus Pivato
OpenPGP_0x89F0C10F4E8887E0.asc

Zwicker, William

Feb 16, 2024, 10:54:37 AMFeb 16
to Jobst Heitzig, Social Choice for AI Ethics and Safety
Jobst,
Are you thinking of putting together an application with something like the current group?
If so, I would be potentially be interested in joining.
Bill

William S. Zwicker
Murat Sertel Center for Advanced Economic Studies, Istanbul Bilgi University,
and William D. Williams Professor of Mathematics Emeritus
Union College
Schenectady NY 12308