Save the date 19+20 October: SC4AI'24e @ ECAI-2024 in Santiago de Compostela

Jobst Heitzig

Feb 17, 2024, 10:47:58 AMFeb 17
to Social Choice for AI Ethics and Safety
We're happy to announce that ECAI-2024 has accepted our proposal for the next instantiation of our workshop series: Social Choice for AI Ethics and Safety 2024 Europe, taking place on 19 and 20 October 2024 in Santiago de Compostela, Spain.

Please save the date!

More details follow.

Jobst, Wes, and Vince

Jobst Heitzig

Mar 13, 2024, 6:33:41 AMMar 13
to Social Choice for AI Ethics and Safety

[we apologize for cross-posting]

Dear colleagues,

we’d be delighted if you joined us for the workshop on

Social Choice for AI Ethics and Safety (SC4AI’24e)

19 and 20 October 2024

Santiago de Compostela, Spain
as part of the ECAI-2024 pre-conference.

Please submit contributions via this link by May 15.

Topics include: Reinforcement Learning from collective Human Feedback or multiple teachers. Social Choice Rules for higher-level steering of AI systems and Scalable Oversight. Democratic Inputs to AI, Constitutional AI, Iterated Amplification, Debate, Recursive Reward Modeling, etc. Mechanism Design for Human-AI/AI-AI cooperation, Human-Compatible AI, corrigibility. Formal representation of values, ethical principles, legal concepts, and possibly incomplete or conflicting preferences. Standardization vs individualization, cooperation vs competition. Individual and collective decision theories under risk, uncertainty, and ambiguity. Scalable software tools for eliciting preferences and collective choice.

Looking forward to seeing you in Santiago de Compostela in autumn,

Vincent Conitzer
Jobst Heitzig
Wesley Holliday

Jobst Heitzig

May 6, 2024, 5:32:32 AMMay 6
to Social Choice for AI Ethics and Safety

[we apologize for cross-posting]

Dear colleague,

it is still possible for a few days to submit contributions to our previously announced workshop on

Social Choice for AI Ethics and Safety (SC4AI’24e)

19 and 20 October 2024
Santiago de Compostela, Spain
as part of the ECAI-2024 pre-conference.

We welcome both existing work or novel results on

  • traditional or computational social choice that might be relevant in the AI context

  • aspects of AI that might profit from some form of collective decision making

  • concrete applications of social choice methods in AI.

We’d be delighted if you joined us for this workshop!

[...]

Jobst Heitzig

May 13, 2024, 10:48:28 AMMay 13
to Social Choice for AI Ethics and Safety
Dear colleagues, we are happy to announce that the submission deadline has been extended to May 22. Jobst