Detecting attacks and unit builds / birth in old sc2replay files

emile...@gmail.com

Jan 15, 2016, 8:33:23 AM1/15/16
to sc2reader
Hie all,

I am using sc2reader to extract basic sequences of "events", such has when does the first attack occurs, and when each unit
gets born or init.

As far as tracker events are available, I think I manage to find these informations.

But in old replays, no tracker events...
let's consider for instance a replay of release 2.0.6.25180
When I parse and visualize my this with a tool like scelight, all the kinds of events I'm interested in
appear in the charts, but I cannot figure out where they are hidden in my sc2reader Replay object...

Did I miss some field of my replay object ? I am wrong looking for events ? Is there some kind of outside knowledge that I would need to deduce
the events I am looking for from old replays ?

Any help welcome

EW

David Joerg

Jan 15, 2016, 8:45:25 AM1/15/16
to sc2r...@googlegroups.com
Attacks are not in the replay.  Blizzard's s2protocol might be helpful for you to see exactly what is and is not in a replay file.

Tracker events were added to the replay format starting with 2.0.8.

Sent from NSAMail Mobile

emile...@gmail.com

Jan 15, 2016, 8:49:01 AM1/15/16
to sc2reader
Well, by attack, I meant 'UnitDiedEvent', as an approxymation...