MiniMapReminder v0.1

Daniel Smith

Aug 15, 2012, 7:18:30 PM8/15/12
to sc2ge...@googlegroups.com
"There is a direct correlation between skill and the amount of time a player looks at the minimap."
-paraphrased from Day[9]

This is an open source training tool that will help the user develop a habit of looking at the mini map.  This plugin will play an audio file reminding the user to check the minimap.  It will play only during a game (or repeatedly if you want).  You can have specify the delay or have a random (uniformlly or normally distributed) delay chosen from an interval you provide.  You can modify settings on the fly so if you need to alt-tab out of game to adjust the volume, mute, change intervals, or change mode you can without needing to restart anything.

There are a few sample sounds in the plugin folder.

If anyone wants to modify this and redistribute it, go ahead, but credit would be nice.

Enjoy,

Daniel Smith

Aug 15, 2012, 7:19:23 PM8/15/12
to sc2ge...@googlegroups.com
Probably should have linked to the download ~_~: tysmith.net/MiniMapReminder/MiniMapReminder.zip

András Belicza

Aug 16, 2012, 2:13:09 PM8/16/12
to sc2ge...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Wanted to try your plugin, but when I tried to enable it, I got an "UnsupportedClassVersionError". I tried it with Java 6.0. Did you compile it with Java 7.0? If so, it is recommended to compile it with Java 6.0 as Sc2gears requires only Java 6.0 and if someone runs Sc2gears with Java 6.0 and not with 7.0, he/she will get the same error.

András Belicza

Aug 16, 2012, 4:24:12 PM8/16/12
to sc2ge...@googlegroups.com
Also one more thing.

In the plugin's init() method you add both a GameStatusListener and a ReplayAutosaveListener, but in the destroy() method you only remove the ReplayAutosaveListerner... you should remove both...