Updater linux bug.

Krystian Kichewko

Feb 24, 2012, 8:41:44 AM2/24/12
to sc2ge...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

I'm not sure I reached correct place, but I would like to report a bug in sc2gears updater.

First let me say thanks for the great work you do!! I love sc2gears.

Platform:

Ubuntu linux 10.04 and linux mint 12.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Update sc2gears using sc2gears updater.
2. After update is completed click 'Close and Start Sc2Gears'
3. Error shows up: http://i.imgur.com/FOwNg.png

This means that Sc2gears-linux.sh doesn't have execute permission set. However if you check this Sc2gears-linux.sh after this it has execute permission set. In my opinion two thing can happen:

1. There is a mistake in the code and execute permission is set after trying to run Sc2gears-linux.sh.
2. This error happens: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3085897/permission-denied-error-in-java

I'm not sure if this helps. Please let me me know if you need more details.

Krystian Kichewko

András Belicza

Feb 24, 2012, 8:51:37 AM2/24/12
to sc2ge...@googlegroups.com
After the update the updater first tries to execute this command:
chmod +x Sc2gears-linux.sh

And only tries to run it. Maybe the problem was chmod command was executed slower, and the updater didn't wait for its result. I modified the updater to wait for the completion of the chmod command, hopefully it will fix it.

This new, modified updater will only come with the next release, so it will be in effect the release after that.

Thanks for reporting it.

Krystian Kichewko

Mar 2, 2012, 5:36:35 PM3/2/12
to sc2ge...@googlegroups.com
Hey!

Thanks for the fix!

I will let you know if it worked after the release.

Krystian Kichewko

Krystian Kichewko

Apr 3, 2012, 7:08:51 AM4/3/12
to sc2ge...@googlegroups.com
Hey András!

Thanks for the fix, it is working great. I just updated sc2gears 10.0
to 10.2 using the new updater (I think it was 1.3). And everything
went through ok. Thanks!

Krystian Kichewko

András Belicza

Apr 3, 2012, 7:18:43 AM4/3/12