Where to start

Pastadin

Sep 18, 2013, 7:21:03 AM9/18/13
to sc2ge...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I'm working on a University project to create an AI that learns to play from analysing replays, I'd like to make a plugin that can export replay data in a format my AI can easily understand but I have no idea where to start - there doesn't seem to be an example plugin and I can't any central repository of sc2gears plugins. Would you be able to direct me to the source code of a plugin or the or a tutorial explaining how to write them (a basic one in either case that just goes over the rudiments is fine). I've got a lot of experience in Java, it's just I'm unsure where to start with this.

Thanks in advance.

András Belicza

Sep 18, 2013, 7:24:54 AM9/18/13
to sc2ge...@googlegroups.com
The Sc2gears plugin api download contains 2 example plugins with source code:

Also you should check out the command line interface, it might be enough or useful for what you need: