On top apm display and using tab to switch between subgroups.

Krystian Kichewko

Apr 6, 2012, 11:51:53 AM4/6/12
to sc2ge...@googlegroups.com
Hello András!

I have three questions:

1. How do you calculate apm that is displayed in "On Top APM Display" dialog? Do you scan for keyboard mouse events from OS or does StarCraft provide this values?
2. How does sc2gears detect start and end of game?

Questions #1 and #2 are related to the fact that I use Linux to play sc2 and being a developer myself I might be able to find a way to add live apm support to linux version of Sc2Gears.

3. I've read "APM types" page: http://sites.google.com/site/sc2gears/features/replay-analyzer/apm-types and I couldn't find info about using "tab" key to switch between subgroubs. Are those switches counted toward apm and threated as normal actions? Or Maybe they are ignored by sc2gears?

Krystian Kichewko

András Belicza

Apr 6, 2012, 12:24:35 PM4/6/12
to sc2ge...@googlegroups.com
In-game APM, game start and end events are read from the Windows registry where SC2 outputs these info itself.

Tab key is considered a selection change, so yes, it's counted in the APM (as a Select action).