Mouse location / click information in game?

Daniel Smith

Aug 15, 2012, 4:50:11 PM8/15/12
to sc2ge...@googlegroups.com
Is this information possible to acquire while a game is on going?  The mouse print recorder must make use of this ability.

Thanks,

András Belicza

Aug 15, 2012, 4:55:16 PM8/15/12
to sc2ge...@googlegroups.com
Mouse location is available at any time during a game but not the mouse clicks. The smpd files (saved mouse prints) records these mouse locations and movements. What do you want to know exactly?

Daniel Smith

Aug 15, 2012, 5:12:39 PM8/15/12
to sc2ge...@googlegroups.com
I was mostly interested in the clicks.  I've created a plugin I'll upload in a few minutes that plays an audio file reminder the user to look at the minimap in a variety of ways.  I was hoping that I could get the click information because using the screen dimensions I could determine whether or not the user was clicking on the minimap with some degree of frequency, and thus have another option to incorporate.  But alas, without breaking the TOS I don't think I can do much more.