Is there a way to extract action logs from multiple replays?

Ahmad Shono

Oct 10, 2013, 7:24:29 AM10/10/13
to sc2g...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

First, I just want to say that Sc2gears is a great utility. Love it. Now on to the question...

Is there any way to extract player action logs from multiple 1vs1 replays without resorting to manual copy and paste of single 1v1 replay action logs?

The reason I ask, is that for a data mining class project I'm toying with the idea of predicting sc2 strategy based on initial player actions. To do this, I would need to create a large data set from replays where each row corresponds to a player in a game, and the columns are: time of first occurrence of Action A, time of first occurrence of Action B, etc. So for each 1vs1 game I would have two rows (one per player) and columns would depend on the player race.

Thanks,
Ahmad

András Belicza

Oct 10, 2013, 8:00:38 AM10/10/13
to sc2g...@googlegroups.com
Yes, this is possible.

There are even multiple solutions:

1) List the replays (either Replay search or if you have created a Replay source for it, just double click on it).
Now select the replays you want the action list (or select all), right click and choose "Export actions". This will write the actions into text files in the same folder where the replays are, with the same name but having .txt extension.

2) Sc2gears has a command line interface:
You can write a small program or script which runs Sc2gears with each of the replay files passed to it with proper arguments.