This application requires a Java Runetime Enviromnent 1.7.0

sc2....@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2013, 4:17:11 AM9/28/13
to sc2g...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I finally come here to express my despair. Here the problem:
- when I launch sc2gear using sc2gear.exe, the following error message occurs: "This application requires a Java Runetime Enviromnent 1.7.0". Java is however installed and works perfectly well according to the oracle online tests and other local applications.
- however, the problem occurred after an update of java. I suspect that the paths to the java environment changed.
- I reinstalled everything twice. That is Java 32bits, 64bits and sc2gears. Without any progress.

Now I discovered a very interesting fact: using the file Sc2gears-win.cmd, everything works fine. The only boring problems are that I have to keep a consol window open and that I cannot start sc2gears with the start-up.

Does anyone has inspiring thoughts to share on this topic? Would be great!

gl & hf, many thanks in advance!

András Belicza

Sep 28, 2013, 9:07:16 AM9/28/13
to sc2g...@googlegroups.com
I would guess this is indeed some kind of invalid windows registry setting regarding java installation path. If you google around, you might find answer how to fix it.

As an alternate solution, make a copy of the Sc2gears-win.cmd (like Sc2gears-custom.cmd), open it with Notepad (notepad.exe), and edit the last line which starts with
"java -Xmx512m ..."

Change it to:
"start javaw -Xmx512m ..."

So change "java" to "start javaw" and leave everything else intact. Start Sc2gears with this modified Sc2gears-custom.cmd, and the result will be no command window in the background.

sc2....@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2013, 11:46:20 AM9/28/13
to sc2g...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot. I will try that. Could be sufficient :)

sc2....@gmail.com

Sep 29, 2013, 3:16:28 PM9/29/13
to sc2g...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Just a short feed back. I simply uninstall my java environment, cleaned the register and re-installed it. This fixed the problem. You were right, something went wrong in the register during an update of the environment.

Many thanks!

András Belicza

Sep 29, 2013, 3:53:02 PM9/29/13
to sc2g...@googlegroups.com
Glad it worked out.

blasco

Oct 5, 2013, 4:50:41 AM10/5/13
to sc2g...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot man, worked like a charm :)