[ANNOUNCE] sbt 1.0.0-RC2 and sbt 0.13.16-RC1

eugene yokota

Jul 22, 2017, 3:11:24 PM7/22/17
to sbt-dev
Howdy,

I am happy to announce the availability of sbt 1.0.0-RC2 and sbt 0.13.16-RC1.

Please see "sbt 1.0.0-RC2" <http://www.scala-sbt.org/1.0/docs/sbt-1.0-Release-Notes.html> for the details on sbt 1.0.
sbt 1.0.0-R2 is binary compatible with the eventual sbt 1.0 final. This means that we can building up the plugin ecosystem.
This is where sbt 0.13.16-RC1 comes in.

sbt 0.13.16-RC1 incorporates sbt-cross-building plugin so you can cross build sbt 1.x plugin:

   > ^^ 1.0.0-RC2

If you build sbt 1.x plugins, head over to http://www.scala-sbt.org/1.0/docs/Community-Plugins.html and send a PR using the `[Edit]` link.

If no serious problems are found, we intend to make sbt 0.13.16-RC1 into final in a few days.
There's been some issues reported for sbt 1.0.0-RC2, so we will likely release another RC next week.
Please try it out, and report issues to GitHub Issue. Also if you find missing plugins, it might be good to start opening issues
on the plugin repository to ask for sbt 1.0 cross building.

sbt team