Publish new sbt releases to SDKMAN!

Marco Vermeulen

Jul 25, 2017, 9:57:53 AM7/25/17
to sbt-dev
Hi all,

Quick word of introduction: My name is Marco and I'm the project lead of SDKMAN! For those of you who haven't heard of us, we are a SDK manager aimed at JVM technologies. We try to make installing everything JVM as easy as an sdk install sbt, or if you want an older specific version, sdk install sbt 0.3.14. Another cool feature is we allow installation of parallel versions of SDKs and the ability to switch between them at will.

We have already been releasing sbt on SDKMAN! for quite some time, but would like to take it to the next level (if the sbt team are willing). We work on a push model, ie. we have an API that allows SDK vendors to publish their own releases. Many of the big SDK vendors are already doing this, namely the Kotlin, Groovy, Gradle, Ceylon and Azul OpenJDK teams. It would be really great if the sbt community would come on board with this too.

All that's required are some simple API calls when you do your releases. This will automatically make the latest sbt version available by default to all SDKMAN! users. It also triggers an announcement on the SDKMAN! Twitter account as well as the SDKMAN! cli.

Please let me know if this would be of interest and if I can help make this happen in any way.

Cheers!
Marco.

PS: worth mentioning that most of the SDKMAN! backend is written in Scala using akka-http and Play :-)

eugene yokota

Jul 26, 2017, 10:13:03 PM7/26/17
to sbt-dev
Hi Marco,