Reminder: Show us your SBOLVisual figures

Pedro Fontanarrosa

Mar 16, 2020, 2:58:43 PM3/16/20
to SBOL Visual Working Group
Hello, SBOLVisual community,

Have you been using SBOLVisual compliant figures in your publications? If so, please let us know about it, and, with your permission, we will publish it in our SBOLVisual examples on our webpage to promote the use of SBOL Visual in publications!

Thank you,
SBOL Editors

Thomas Gorochowski

Apr 29, 2020, 5:00:35 AM4/29/20
to SBOL Visual Working Group
[I'm not sure my previous post got through so here it is repeated]

Hi Editors,

I've attached PDFs of some devices from a paper that should be out in the next next week or so. Happy for you to chop out the bits you think might be useful for the website, but ask you include a link to the paper. Still waiting on the final details but you should be able to use the DOI that will become live once published.

Bartoli V., Meaker G.A., di Bernardo M. & Gorochowski T.E., "Tunable genetic devices through simultaneous control of transcription and translation", Nature Communications, 2020. (DOI: 10.1038/s41467-020-15653-7)

I also have some other papers with some more complex uses of SBOL Visual with nice integration of data customisations that should be out over the summer (if we can get back in the lab!). Will send those through once a preprint it out.

Tom

P.S. Love this initiative. Only way to get people excited about something is to ensure they see how awesome their science could look! Maybe we should have some virtual prizes each year for "most imaginative use of SBOL Visual" and "SBOL Visual taken to the max" ;)
SBOLv-example-tunable-logic.pdf

Pedro Fontanarrosa

Apr 29, 2020, 9:19:11 AM4/29/20
to SBOL Visual Working Group
This is incredibly helpful thank you Thomas!

Chris Myers

Apr 29, 2020, 9:36:17 AM4/29/20
to sbol-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thomas,

This is perfect.

Pedro: please add this to the SBOL Visual examples on the website.

Cheers,
Chris

<SBOLv-example-tunable-logic.pdf>

GONZALO VIDAL PENA

Jan 11, 2021, 7:48:29 PM1/11/21
to sbol-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Editors,

We used SBOLVisual to make some figures in Flapjack: Data Management and Analysis for Genetic Circuit Characterization (https://doi.org/10.1021/acssynbio.0c00554). You can use it if it serves as an example. My favourite is the CRISPRi regulation of Venus expression figure in the supp  material attached.

Cheers

Fj_supp.pdf

Neil Wipat

Jan 12, 2021, 2:53:36 AM1/12/21
to sbol-...@googlegroups.com
Nice paper - great job. Looking forward to giving Flapjack a try.

Best

Neil

Sent from my iPhone