SBOL Visual 3

Jacob Beal

Mar 25, 2021, 8:07:58 AM3/25/21
to SBOL Visual Working Group
SBOL Visual 3 is ready for consideration.
 - Issue for change discussion: https://github.com/SynBioDex/SBOL-visual/issues/155

This release changes the grounding of SBOL Visual from SBOL 2 to SBOL 3 and drops previously deprecated material.

Thanks,
-Jake

Chris Myers

Mar 25, 2021, 5:24:52 PM3/25/21
to sbol-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jake,

That’s excellent!  Would you mind sharing a PDF for the draft?

Thanks,
Chris

Jacob Beal

Mar 25, 2021, 9:31:06 PM3/25/21
to SBOL Visual Working Group
Here is a PDF draft.

Thanks,
-Jake

sbolvisual.pdf

Jacob Beal

Apr 1, 2021, 11:21:40 AM4/1/21
to SBOL Visual Working Group
Hi, folks:

Having heard some positive response and no objections, I would like to move SBOL Visual 3.0 forward for a vote.
Editors, can you please start the process?

Thanks,
-Jake

Hasan Baig

Apr 1, 2021, 11:23:13 AM4/1/21
to sbol-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jake,

We will start the process asap.

regards
Hasan

Chris Myers

Apr 2, 2021, 1:17:39 PM4/2/21
to sbol-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

There are a couple of notes at the beginning of the TOC.  Have these been dealt with?

Otherwise, I think the updated specification looks good, and I want to thank Jake for pulling this together.

I would like us to talk a bit about the connections between SBOL Visual and SBOL data in the next SBOL Visual working group meeting.  Logan and I keep running into these during the development of SBOLCanvas.

Thanks,
Chris

Jacob Beal

Apr 2, 2021, 9:50:12 PM4/2/21
to SBOL Visual Working Group
Hi, Chris:

Those have all been taken care of, and the TODO notes removed too; the copy of the PDF I uploaded had just included the final commit that removed the TODOs.

Thanks,
-Jake