Call for Workshops - 13th International Workshop on Bio-Design Automation (IWBDA)
[Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this announcement. Please help forward it to other potentially interested attendees.]
Submission Link: Call for Workshops (google.com)
Applicants may propose to conduct workshops of interest to the IWBDA community. This year, we are inviting workshops in any of the following formats:
· Short Demo (30 minutes - 1 hour): this is ideal for anyone who would like to demo a tool, script, library, or new resource to the community. Please note that this can also include tools and software presented at previous IWBDA conferences or other venues.
· Short Workshop (1 - 2 hours): for workshops that require engagement with the audience but do not require half a day or the entire day.
· Half-day workshop (4 hours)
· Full-day workshop
For any questions or concerns please contact either Marilene Pavan (mari....@gmail.com) or Prashant Vaidyanathan (vpras...@gmail.com). For all the latest information, please visit IWBDA: International Workshop on Biodesign Automation (iwbdaconf.org). The deadline for submission for workshop proposals is September 4th, 2021. Note that this is different from IWBDA abstracts - and the submission deadline for abstracts is August 13th, 2021. Please see additional details about abstracts below.
Call for Papers - Reminder
The new submission deadline for the abstracts is August 13th, 2021.
For your convenience, we have created a template for IWBDA Abstracts in overleaf which can be found here. All submissions must use this format. Inclusion of figures is encouraged. Indicate whether you would like your abstract considered for a long format oral presentation or a short oral presentation (in lieu of poster presentation this year), or both. Include the full names, affiliations, and contact information of all authors. Abstracts should be submitted in pdf format and should not exceed two pages (excluding figures and tables). Abstracts will be reviewed by the Program Committee. Abstracts that are selected for presentations will be distributed to workshop participants and posted on the workshop website.
New this year!
1. We've extended the length of the abstracts! Submissions can now be up to two pages excluding images and citations.
2. This year, we've partnered with bioRxiv to create a special channel for IWBDA abstracts. This will allow participants to submit and upload the final (and reviewed) version of the abstract to bioRxiv. Once the abstract is hosted in bioRxiv, the BDAC and IWBDA organizing team will tag the appropriate abstracts under the IWBDA channel. This will give the abstract a DOI - which makes it easier to cite. At the same time, it also allows authors of the abstract to submit extended versions to conferences and journals.
3. This year, there will be no poster sessions. Instead, participants will have the option to present shorter talks (5-10 minutes). All submissions will be considered for both regular and short talks.
For any questions or concerns, please contact Prashant Vaidyanathan (vpras...@gmail.com). For all the latest information, please visit: IWBDA: International Workshop on Biodesign Automation (iwbdaconf.org)