Participation Poll for AI for SynBio Symposium in Spring 2022

Aaron ADLER

Jun 29, 2021, 8:58:31 AM6/29/21
to Fusun YAMAN SIRIN, Aaron ADLER, Mohammed Eslami, Caceres, Rajmonda - 0445 - MITLL
[Apologies for duplicate copies]

Fellow Colleagues and Friends of the Synthetic Biology Community,

We've had a several successful AI for SynBio symposia (see https://www.ai4synbio.org) and are applying to run another in March 21-23, 2022 in Palo Alto, CA as part of the AAAI Spring Symposia.

If you're interested in participating, please fill out the form below (or send an email if you can't do Google forms). Filling out the form is not commitment of attendance but a show of interest that we need to get the track approved.

https://forms.gle/UWqSyYUWXPFsfFjd8

Thank you all for your time,
Organizing Committee
Aaron Adler (BBN Technologies),
Rajmonda Caceres (MIT Lincoln Laboratory),
Mohammed Ali Eslami (Netrias, LLC),
Fusun Yaman (BBN Technologies)

Aaron ADLER

Oct 1, 2021, 12:51:18 PM10/1/21
to Fusun YAMAN SIRIN, Mohammed Eslami, Caceres, Rajmonda - 0445 - MITLL, Aaron ADLER
[Apologies for duplicate copies]

Fellow Colleagues and Friends of the Synthetic Biology Community,

We've had a several successful AI for SynBio symposia (see https://www.ai4synbio.org) and are happy to announce the next iteration March 21-23, 2022 in Palo Alto, CA as part of the AAAI Spring Symposia (https://www.ai4synbio.org/aaai-spring-2022/).

Submissions are due November 15, 2021. See details on the website.

Our primary goal for this symposia remains the same — to begin to connect and build mutually beneficial collaborations between the AI and the synthetic biology communities. We are hopeful that the Fall Symposium success can be replicated in the Spring and bring in more of the California-based synthetic biology and AI researchers. We plan to continue the working group format that we used in the 2021 symposia. We also plan to highlight research in the AI/SynBio intersection that did or could have had an impact on COVID-19.

Topics of interest include (but not limited to):
- Developing AI techniques specifically geared towards SynBio problems
- Research that did or could have had an impact on COVID-19
- Machine-assisted gene circuit design
- Flexible protocol automation
- Assay interpretation and modeling
- Representation and exchange of designs
- Representation and exchange of protocols
- Data driven modeling of biological systems
The symposium will include: brief introductions to each domain to ensure it is accessible to attendees with both backgrounds; focus groups looking at some of the open problems and challenges in the intersection of AI and Synthetic Biology; contributed talks; and panel discussions.

Thank you,

Aaron ADLER

Nov 19, 2021, 3:20:29 PM11/19/21
to Fusun YAMAN SIRIN, Mohammed Eslami, Caceres, Rajmonda - 0445 - MITLL
[Apologies for duplicate copies]

Fellow Colleagues and Friends of the Synthetic Biology and AI Communities,

We've had a several successful AI for SynBio symposia (see https://www.ai4synbio.org) and are happy to announce the next iteration March 21-23, 2022 in Palo Alto, CA as part of the AAAI Spring Symposia (https://www.ai4synbio.org/aaai-spring-2022/).

** EXTENDED DEADLINE ** Submissions are due December 12, 2021. Please see details on the website.

Aaron ADLER

Dec 17, 2021, 3:20:02 PM12/17/21
to Fusun YAMAN SIRIN, Mohammed Eslami, Caceres, Rajmonda - 0445 - MITLL
[Apologies for duplicate copies]

** EXTENDED DEADLINE ** Submissions are due January 21, 2022. Please see details on the website.

Fellow Colleagues and Friends of the Synthetic Biology and AI Communities,

We've had a several successful AI for SynBio symposia (see https://www.ai4synbio.org) and are happy to announce the next iteration March 21-23, 2022 -- hybrid (attend & present virtually or in person in Palo Alto, California) -- as part of the AAAI Spring Symposia (https://www.ai4synbio.org/aaai-spring-2022/).

** EXTENDED DEADLINE ** Submissions are due January 21, 2022. Please see details on the website.

Our primary goal for this symposia remains the same — to begin to connect and build mutually beneficial collaborations between the AI and the synthetic biology communities. We are hopeful that the Fall Symposium success can be replicated in the Spring and bring in more of the California-based synthetic biology and AI researchers. We plan to continue the working group format that we used in the 2021 symposia. We also plan to highlight research in the AI/SynBio intersection that did or could have had an impact on COVID-19.

****Theme**** : “New AI or New Data?”Help us define what new AI and new data actually mean. Is “new” a set of constructive small tweaks/engineering, is it a new architecture, a new model? Is new data new curation methods, new instrument platforms?

Aaron ADLER

Jan 5, 2022, 9:37:21 AM1/5/22
to Fusun YAMAN SIRIN, Mohammed Eslami, Caceres, Rajmonda - 0445 - MITLL
[Apologies for duplicate copies]

** EXTENDED DEADLINE ** Submissions are due January 21, 2022. Please see details on the website.

Happy New Year Fellow Colleagues and Friends of the Synthetic Biology and AI Communities,

Aaron ADLER

Mar 10, 2022, 3:46:17 PM3/10/22
to Fusun YAMAN SIRIN, Mohammed Eslami, Caceres, Rajmonda - 0445 - MITLL
The schedule and registration are now available for the AI for SynBio Symposium March 21 & 22, 11am - 3pm EDT (UTC-4)
https://www.ai4synbio.org/aaai-spring-2022/

THEME: “New AI or New Data?” Help us define what new AI and new data actually mean. Is “new” a set of constructive small tweaks/engineering, is it a new architecture, a new model? Is new data new curation methods, new instrument platforms?

**Keynote talks**: Prof. Elizabeth Libby and Dr. Tristan Bepler
**Panelists**: Geoff Baldwin, Ben Brown, Pat Langley, Jacob Beal

Please let us know if you have any questions. Hope to see you on Zoom!