IWBDA 2nd CFP : Call for Papers - 14th International Workshop on Bio-Design Automation (IWBDA)

Aaron Adler

Jul 7, 2022, 9:36:01 AM7/7/22

2nd Call for Papers - 14th International Workshop on Bio-Design Automation (IWBDA)

 [Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this announcement. Please help forward it to other potentially interested attendees.]

The submission deadline for abstracts and workshop proposals is July 22nd, 2022 (anywhere on Earth).

Submission Guidelines

Abstracts and workshop proposals must be submitted via EasyChair using this link (https://easychair.org/my/conference?conf=iwbda22). Submissions cannot exceed two pages (excluding figures and tables). If you do not have an easy chair account, please create one by following the instructions specified here: https://easychair.org/help/account_creation

We encourage abstracts for posters and/or talks at IWBDA 2022 on ongoing research that may be submitted as a full journal paper later. We are currently in talks with ACS Synthetic Biology to set up a special issue on bio-design automation for such extended journal submissions.

Topics of Interest

  • Design methodologies and tools for synthetic biology.

  • Characterization and standardization of biological components.

  • Automated assembly techniques.

  • Computer-aided modeling, simulation, analysis, and abstraction techniques.

  • Engineering methods inspired by biology.

  • Domain-specific languages for synthetic biology.

  • Data exchange standards and models for synthetic biology.

New this year!

  1. We are excited to announce that this year’s IWBDA will be organized in-person in Paris, France.

  2. The presentation of the accepted talks at IWBDA 2022 will be organized alongside the iGEM Grand Jamboree in Paris allowing for an opportunity to present to a much wider synthetic biology audience!

  3. This year we will have curated panel discussions on key bio-automation topics: software in biotech, high-throughput design, and automation at biofoundries.

For any questions or concerns, please contact Ayush Pandey (apandey AT caltech.edu) or Alexis Casas (a.casas AT imperial.ac.uk). For the full CFP and all the latest information, please visit: www.iwbdaconf.org/2022/