Managing genetic design information

Jake Beal

Oct 19, 2021, 10:28:01 PM10/19/21
to SBOL Developers
I've been struggling for a while now with how to effectively manage reuse of genetic design information between different projects.  I've been thinking it would make sense to have a "package manager" approach, like Python does with pip, Javascript does with with npm, etc.

While it would be premature to actually put this into a specification in advance of having an implementation up and running, I've found it useful to write up my thinking up in the form of an SEP, and would appreciate others looking at it and adding their own thoughts on how to improve it.
Discussion issue is here: https://github.com/SynBioDex/SEPs/issues/112

Thanks,
-Jake