The National Resource for Network Biology (NRNB) will be applying as a mentoring organization for GSoC 2022.
For GSoC 2022, Google has made some major changes to the program:
- Projects can be defined as either ~175 hours (medium) or 350 hours (large)
- There is an option to extend the standard 12-week coding time frame to a maximum of 22 weeks
, to allow for flexible schedules.
- Finally, the program will be open to all newcomers of open source that are 18 years and older, no longer focusing solely on university students
Read the full announcement from Google here: https://opensource.googleblog.com/2021/11/expanding-google-summer-of-code-in-2022.htmlIf you are interested in mentoring, complete these tasks before January 17:
1. Add your new project ideas at GitHub: https://github.com/nrnb/GoogleSummerOfCode/issues
2. Complete the mentor survey, even if you completed one last year: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/nrnb-gsoc-mentors
Feel free to forward this to colleagues working on open source network biology projects. And let us know if you have any questions!