Move SEP 053 to vote

Jake Beal

Sep 15, 2021, 3:03:04 PM9/15/21
to SBOL Developers
Hi, folks:

I believe we've now met the criteria for a 3.0.1 release, with multiple projects successfully using pySBOL3 and with successful bidirectional data interchange now in active practice between pySBOL2, sbolgraph, and pySBOL3.

Before we cut the release, however, I see precisely one outstanding issue on the 3.0.1 milestone in the tracker: SEP 053: Use existing SO terms for Feature orientation (https://github.com/SynBioDex/SEPs/issues/111), proposed the simple change of using the existing SO terms for Feature orientation rather than coining our own. This seems like a simple an obvious change, if we don't do it now we will have backward compatibility issues, and no concerns have been raised since it was proposed in may.

I therefore move to vote on SEP 053. Editors, if you will second this, can we please set a vote in motion?  I'd love it if we were able to officially announce SBOL 3.0.1 by COMBINE.

Thanks,
-Jake

Bryan Bartley

Sep 15, 2021, 4:28:34 PM9/15/21