JIB "COMBINE issue" 2024: Call for specifications and papers

Matthias König

Dec 13, 2023, 5:54:09 AM12/13/23
to sbml-discuss
Hi all

There will be another special issue of the Journal of Integrative Bioinformatics covering COMBINE specifications and standards.
The JIB journal is here: https://www.degruyter.com/view/j/jib.
The latest issue can be found here: https://www.degruyter.com/journal/key/jib/20/1/html

It will be similar to our previous special issue.
- It would be free of charge for articles in the special issue.
- Additionally, it's worth noting that JIB now has an impact factor.
- All articles will be linked via PubMed.

There will be two possibilities
a) new or updated standards (as in previous issues)
- Submission deadline: January 31st.
- The procedure would be as last year:
1. Prepare a PDF of the standard
  1.1 The normal PDF you already have for your standard could be used
  1.2 Prepare a cover page for your PDF which you attach as first page of your PDF
  Important: Use the JIB template for this cover page ! The aim is to have the title page of each paper (standard) in the journal format, but the journal would be flexible enough to allow the remaining pages to be in the existing format.
  2. Submit your standard paper at JIB
  https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/dgjib
  Please follow the process of submitting a paper to JIB, you do not need to suggest reviewers.
  Send me an Email (falk.schreiber@uni-konstanz.de) letting me know of your paper with the title and reference number (e.g. JIB.2023.0102)

b) papers describing databases, software, libraries or similar using COMBINE standards
- Submission deadline January 8th.
- The procedure is:
  1. Prepare your paper as normal, using the JIB style
  2. Submit your paper at JIB
  https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/dgjib
  Please follow the process of submitting a paper to JIB, you do not need to suggest reviewers.
  Send me an Email (falk.schreiber@uni-konstanz.de) letting me know of your paper with the title and reference number (e.g. JIB.2023.0102)

If there are any questions please do not hesitate to contact Falk Schreiber.

Kind regards
Matthias

Paul Lang

Dec 13, 2023, 7:38:21 AM12/13/23
to sbml-d...@googlegroups.com, falk.sc...@uni-konstanz.de
Thanks for sharing this, Matthias. A while back, I wanted to make SBMLToolkit.jl (an importer for SBML models into the Julia SciML ecosystem) properly citable (e.g. picked up by Google Scholar), so we submitted a very short paper to JoSS (word count should be 250-1000). Unfortunately, it got rejected, so we tried arXiv, but it got rejected there too. I am wondering if there is any chance a manuscript as short as this would fit scope (b) of this JIB special issue, or if you have any other suggestions SBMLToolkit.jl could be made citable (I currently don't have the time to come up with (contrived) research examples to make the manuscript more comprehensive). Any leads welcome :)
Thanks, Paul

--
For questions or feedback about the sbml-discuss list,
contact sbml...@googlegroups.com