Converting Sbml L3V1 to L2V1

Enuh Blaise

Apr 8, 2022, 5:02:44 PM4/8/22
to sbml-discuss
Hello all,

I am attempting to convert my sbml model to L2V1 for submission to Biomodels. Howver the online conversion tool i get this error.

###################################################### #Something went wrong during the conversion ! #Try to validate your input file before converting it org.sbfc.converter.exceptions.ConversionException: The LibSBML conversion failed, it detected '1' potential problems. Before attempting again to convert your model, check that it is valid SBML at http://sbml.org/Facilities/Validator. Below is the list of errors: line 1: (99996 [Error]) Conversion of SBML Level 3 package information is not yet supported.    at org.sbfc.converter.sbml2sbml.SBML2SBML.convert(SBML2SBML.java:159)    at org.sbfc.converter.Converter.convertFromFile(Converter.java:201)    at org.sbfc.converter.Converter.convertFromFile(Converter.java:138)    at org.sbfc.converter.Converter.main(Converter.java:305)

Am I doing something wrong? is it possible to convert Sbml files to older versions?

I appreciate any contributions that will help me out with this.

Enuh

Frank Bergmann

Apr 8, 2022, 5:29:05 PM4/8/22
to sbml-discuss
could you provide some more information? Or your model? THen we'd be able to hint at how to best convert it to SBML.

Please feel free to email me privately if you are concerned about sharing it on the list.

best
frank

Matthias König

Apr 8, 2022, 6:44:09 PM4/8/22
to sbml-discuss
@Enuh. Biomodels should accept SBML Level 3 models (and I am pretty sure they do because the support fbc models with level 3 packages). So I am sure you can just submit your level 3 version. Downconversion is never a good idea, if not absolutely necessary.

Lucian Smith

Apr 8, 2022, 6:50:57 PM4/8/22
to sbml-d...@googlegroups.com
The error message is that you cannot convert your level 3-with-package model to level 2, because the information in the package has no equivalent in the level 2 format.  However, as noted, you shouldn't convert it to level 2; you should just use the level 3 version.

-Lucian

--
For questions or feedback about the sbml-discuss list,
contact sbml...@googlegroups.com