Wikipedia pages

Herbert M Sauro

Oct 24, 2022, 3:50:24 PM10/24/22
to sbml-d...@googlegroups.com
Dear community,

I’ve created a new Wikipedia page that lists simulation tools at

I felt this was needed.

I have so far created three drafts on pysces, pySB and ibiosim and one article on sbcsl (more to come). The draft pages haven’t been reviewed yet by Wikipedia admin. You should be able to get to them from the list page above. If you want me to added/change etc these pages let me know by emailing me at hsa...@uw.edu

For the sbcsl page there has been one admin comment  the list page and pages that don’t relate to your tool. According to Wikipedia rules you *cannot* edit the page about your tool. If you want changes just send them to me.

Thanks
Herbert Sauro
--
Herbert Sauro, Professor
University of Washington, Bioengineering

Alan Garny

Oct 24, 2022, 5:21:04 PM10/24/22
to sbml-d...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for this Herbert. I have added COR and OpenCOR to the list.

Alan

For questions or feedback about the sbml-discuss list,
contact sbml...@googlegroups.com
---

Herbert M Sauro

Oct 24, 2022, 5:22:20 PM10/24/22
to sbml-d...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I spotted that addition .

On Mon, Oct 24, 2022 at 2:21 PM Alan Garny <a.g...@auckland.ac.nz> wrote:
Thanks for this Herbert. I have added COR and OpenCOR to the list.

Alan

Herbert M Sauro

Oct 24, 2022, 5:26:50 PM10/24/22
to sbml-d...@googlegroups.com
Alan, I updated the openCor entry to say it uses CellML.

Herbert

Alan Garny

Oct 24, 2022, 5:29:19 PM10/24/22
to sbml-d...@googlegroups.com
It does in the description, but sure, no problem.

Alan

Sent: Tuesday, 25 October 2022 10:25 am
To: sbml-d...@googlegroups.com <sbml-d...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [sbml-discuss] Wikipedia pages

Herbert M Sauro

Oct 24, 2022, 5:34:53 PM10/24/22
to sbml-d...@googlegroups.com
That's true, but I wanted to add it to the SBML column too. I've also added mention of CellML in the lead text. The lead text was added as a request from an admin. A lot of software lists don't have a lead paragraph however. When the page first went live it was quickly put onto the delete list but got pulled back from the abyss over the weekend.

Hebert

--
For questions or feedback about the sbml-discuss list,
contact sbml...@googlegroups.com
---

Macklin, Paul

Oct 24, 2022, 5:35:14 PM10/24/22
to sbml-d...@googlegroups.com

Thanks, Herbert!

Would you happen to mind adding PhysiCell and PhysiBoSS to the list? (Or is that something I’d be able to edit—I haven’t edited Wikipedia in a very long time!)

Best – Paul

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Paul Macklin, Ph.D.

Associate Professor

2021/22 IU Luddy Faculty Fellow

Associate Department Chair

Intelligent Systems Engineering

Indiana University

Founder and Lead of PhysiCell and MultiCellDS

mobile: 626-372-1203
email: mack...@iu.edu

email: Paul.M...@MathCancer.org

web: MathCancer.org

Twitter: @MathCancer

From: sbml-d...@googlegroups.com <sbml-d...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Herbert M Sauro <hsa...@uw.edu>
Date: Monday, October 24, 2022 at 3:50 PM
To: sbml-d...@googlegroups.com <sbml-d...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [External] [sbml-discuss] Wikipedia pages

For questions or feedback about the sbml-discuss list,
contact sbml...@googlegroups.com
---

Macklin, Paul

Oct 24, 2022, 5:55:43 PM10/24/22
to sbml-d...@googlegroups.com

Just surviving a round of Wikipedia editors is an accomplishment!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Paul Macklin, Ph.D.
Associate Professor

From: sbml-d...@googlegroups.com <sbml-d...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Herbert M Sauro <hsa...@uw.edu>
Date: Monday, October 24, 2022 at 5:35 PM
To: sbml-d...@googlegroups.com <sbml-d...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [External] Re: [sbml-discuss] Wikipedia pages

That's true, but I wanted to add it to the SBML column too. I've also added mention of CellML in the lead text. The lead text was added as a request from an admin. A lot of software lists don't have a lead paragraph however. When the page first went live it was quickly put onto the delete list but got pulled back from the abyss over the weekend.

Hebert

Pedro Mendes

Oct 24, 2022, 6:41:15 PM10/24/22
to sbml-d...@googlegroups.com
Great contribution, Herbert! It takes courage to get these pages going
in the face of the ruthless wikipedia vigilantes...

Let me know if I can help with anything on this page that I am not
conflicted with, or other pages.

I already see one minor change for COPASI, its license is called
"Artistic License" not "PERL" (and it even has a link of its own, as it
is indeed notable for being the license that established in court that
free software has value, even though it is free) I don't dare edit this
part of the page myself or it could put the whole page in jeopardy (I am
clearly conflicted).

Pedro

--
Pedro Mendes, PhD
Professor and Director,

Herbert M Sauro

Oct 24, 2022, 7:28:04 PM10/24/22
to sbml-d...@googlegroups.com
I wondered about the license, I can change it now. Fighting admins is not fun.

On Mon, Oct 24, 2022 at 3:41 PM Pedro Mendes <pme...@uchc.edu> wrote:
Great contribution, Herbert! It takes courage to get these pages going
in the face of the ruthless wikipedia vigilantes...

Let me know if I can help with anything on this page that I am not
conflicted with, or other pages.

I already see one minor change for COPASI, its license is called
"Artistic License" not "PERL" (and it even has a link of its own, as it
is indeed notable for being the license that established in court that
free software has value, even though it is free)  I don't dare edit this
part of the page myself or it could put the whole page in jeopardy (I am
clearly conflicted).

Pedro

On 10/24/22 15:49, Herbert M Sauro wrote:
> Dear community,
>
> I’ve created a new Wikipedia page that lists simulation tools at
>

> I felt this was needed.
>
> I have so far created three drafts on pysces, pySB and ibiosim and one
> article on sbcsl (more to come). The draft pages haven’t been reviewed
> yet by Wikipedia admin. You should be able to get to them from the list
> page above. If you want me to added/change etc these pages let me know
> by emailing me at hsa...@uw.edu <mailto:hsa...@uw.edu>
>
> For the sbcsl page there has been one admin comment  the list page and
> pages that don’t relate to your tool. According to Wikipedia rules you
> *cannot* edit the page about your tool. If you want changes just send
> them to me.
>
> Thanks
> Herbert Sauro
> --
> Herbert Sauro, Professor
> University of Washington, Bioengineering

> --
> For questions or feedback about the sbml-discuss list,
> contact sbml...@googlegroups.com
> ---

Pedro Mendes, PhD
Professor and Director,
Richard D. Berlin Center for Cell Analysis and Modeling
University of Connecticut School of Medicine

--
For questions or feedback about the sbml-discuss list,
contact sbml...@googlegroups.com
---

Herbert Sauro, Professor
University of Washington, Bioengineering

Pedro Mendes

Oct 24, 2022, 7:48:19 PM10/24/22
to sbml-d...@googlegroups.com
I just spent some time editing the history section of Systems Biology
page (to once again mention MCA and BST), most likely to see it being
deleted sometime soon...

thanks for the quick correction!

Pedro

--
Pedro Mendes, PhD
Professor and Director,
Richard D. Berlin Center for Cell Analysis and Modeling
University of Connecticut School of Medicine
group website: http://www.comp-sys-bio.org

Herbert M Sauro

Oct 24, 2022, 7:54:25 PM10/24/22
to sbml-d...@googlegroups.com
I looked at the sys bio page yesterday and it’s not great. I noticed someone had rewritten the history section so that everything starts at year 2000 with no mention of MCA or bst. If they delete your addition I’ll put it back in.

> --
> For questions or feedback about the sbml-discuss list,
> contact sbml...@googlegroups.com
> ---

Pedro Mendes, PhD
Professor and Director,
Richard D. Berlin Center for Cell Analysis and Modeling
University of Connecticut School of Medicine

--
For questions or feedback about the sbml-discuss list,
contact sbml...@googlegroups.com
---
Herbert Sauro, Professor
University of Washington, Bioengineering

Pedro Mendes

Oct 24, 2022, 8:04:40 PM10/24/22
to sbml-d...@googlegroups.com
When putting text back or fighting deletions it is important to add
comments in the talk page. I did that and included one reference to back
the addition (most likely should also add that reference to the main
page, but it can go later if they want to remove it)

Pedro

--
Pedro Mendes, PhD
Professor and Director,
Richard D. Berlin Center for Cell Analysis and Modeling
University of Connecticut School of Medicine
group website: http://www.comp-sys-bio.org

Herbert M Sauro

Oct 24, 2022, 8:06:53 PM10/24/22
to sbml-d...@googlegroups.com
I just saw your change and added a comment.

> --
> For questions or feedback about the sbml-discuss list,
> contact sbml...@googlegroups.com
> ---

Pedro Mendes, PhD
Professor and Director,
Richard D. Berlin Center for Cell Analysis and Modeling
University of Connecticut School of Medicine

--
For questions or feedback about the sbml-discuss list,
contact sbml...@googlegroups.com
---
Herbert Sauro, Professor
University of Washington, Bioengineering

Steve Andrews

Oct 26, 2022, 1:13:17 PM10/26/22
to sbml-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I just added several spatial simulators to the web page. They are: Smoldyn, MCell, SpringSaLaD, ReaDDy, Spatiocyte, URDME, and Cytosim. I still need to find DOIs for the references, but I think those entries are relatively complete otherwise.

-Steve