COMBINE 2024

Sarah Keating

Jun 17, 2024, 8:43:35 AMJun 17
to sbml-discuss

Dear Colleagues,

The “Computational Modeling in Biology” Network (COMBINE) is an initiative to coordinate the development of the various community standards and formats in systems biology and related fields.

We are pleased to announce the Combine 2024, which will take place in Stuttgart, Germany, from September 1-5 (Day 1-3 workshop program, day 4-5 rooms for breakouts).

COMBINE 2024 will be a workshop-style event hosted at the University of Stuttgart, Campus Vaihingen, Institute for Stochastics and Applications. The meeting is closely co-located with VPH 2024, which will take place in Stuttgart from 4 to 6 September. We acknowledge funding by the German Research Foundation (DFG) through the International scientific events program, our Excellence Cluster EXC 2075 Data-Integrated Simulation Science (SimTech) and the Stuttgart Research Center Systems Biology (SRCSB).

Confirmed Keynote Speakers and Session Chairs:

  1. Irina Balaur, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg

  2. Dirk Drasdo, Director of Research INRIA (French National Institut(ion) for Research in Computer Science and Control), Rocquencourt, France

  3. Fabian Fröhlich, Francis Crick Institute, United Kingdom

  4. Marc-Thorsten Hütt, Constructor University Bremen, Germany

  5. Matthias König, Humboldt-University Berlin, Germany

  6. Heinz Köppl, TU Darmstadt, Germany

  7. Göksel Misirli, Keele University, United Kingdom

  8. David Nickerson, Auckland Bioengineering Institute, University of Auckland, New Zealand

  9. Timothy Rudge, Newcastle University, United Kingdom

  10. Herbert Sauro, University of Washington, USA

  11. Lucian Smith, University of Washington, USA

  12. Judith Wodke, University of Greifswald, Germany

Breakouts, talks and tutorials can be submitted until 15 July 2024, lightning talks and posters can be submitted until 29 July 2024. Please see the workshop homepage for further details: https://co.mbine.org/author/combine-2024/

Please forward this announcement to potentially interested colleagues.

We are looking forward to welcoming you in Stuttgart!

Nicole Radde & Sebastian Höpfl

on behalf of the COMBINE consortium