Green SB Coast Aerials

SBitz

Apr 23, 2018, 4:36:34 PM4/23/18
to Santa Barbara CitiZen Network
Here are a few recent aerial views of our coast wearing the gentle green cloak of Spring. Can you detect any tinge of green on the Thomas Fire burn scar yet?

Here's a look at the SBA wetland and UCSB too.

Auto Generated Inline Image 1
Auto Generated Inline Image 2
Auto Generated Inline Image 3
Auto Generated Inline Image 4
Auto Generated Inline Image 5

SBitz

Apr 23, 2018, 4:44:48 PM4/23/18
to Santa Barbara CitiZen Network
There are some different views of the green coast in the Earth Day post on Edhat.com at this link.

Section Make8R

May 6, 2018, 6:53:20 PM5/6/18
to Santa Barbara CitiZen Network
Thanx for posting this.  i havn't seen much greening down here, seasonal weeds excepted, which seem to be growing up on the lower "wetter" foothills.
Lots of songbirds this year though, moving down into the suburbs.  Good supply of redtails and coopers hawks as well.

SBitZ.NET

May 7, 2018, 2:35:25 PM5/7/18
to Section Make8R, Santa Barbara CitiZen Network
> i havn't seen much greening down here

We've seen some from the air there, but of course there's much more
where it hasn't burned lately. Guess our hills and mountains will
always be a patchwork, with different areas at various stages of recovery.

> songbirds this year ... redtails and coopers hawks as well.

Thanks for mentioning that. I've been seeing (and hearing) more and
different birds this year, but hadn't put it together with the vast
destruction in our hills. Much more competition and conflict over
nesting sites, especially the crows and mockingbirds wearing themselves
out in aerial combat. I love to watch the aerobatics. :)