Super Blue Blood Moon

SBitz

Jan 31, 2018, 5:04:38 PM1/31/18
to Santa Barbara CitiZen Network
Here's my pic of what some news outlets are calling a "super blue blood moon." We decided to set an alarm to see it, even though we'd had a late night. Since we were looking anyway, I decided to try getting a pic. The light level was very low, so it seemed unlikely I could get a decent pic with long exposure due to likely movement of the camera and moon. Somehow this one came out pretty sharp except for atmospheric distortion. We only watched for ten minutes or so, but some of you probably have pix of the whole process. If anyone else has pix to share, please do.
Auto Generated Inline Image 1

jrnewmann

Mar 6, 2018, 3:16:56 PM3/6/18
to Santa Barbara CitiZen Network
Here are my pics of the same!
IMG_6658.jpg
IMG_6850.jpg

SBitz

Mar 6, 2018, 3:31:11 PM3/6/18
to Santa Barbara CitiZen Network
I like each of those a lot. The star field around the first adds a lot and somehow captures the dimension and context in space. The one over the mountain is just magical. I can't place it - is that the Gaviota area seen across the water in color-shifted moonglow?