Flood Aerials 1/23

SBitz

Jan 24, 2018, 8:27:00 PM1/24/18
to Santa Barbara CitiZen Network
We flew over the area again Tuesday and got an updated view of the disaster areas. I'll post a few in this new Topic, and if anyone would like more or different areas post a reply and I'll have a look thru yesterday's pix.

SBitz

Jan 24, 2018, 8:39:18 PM1/24/18
to Santa Barbara CitiZen Network
I posted this pic in the prior Topic (and sent a smaller version to Edhat) for comparison with those earlier views to show how much debris they've removed so quickly. Here it is again for ease of comparing with another perspective the same day.

It's mind boggling to imaging the thundering chaos when all this stuff was tumbling down the creek, and cutting new channels when it was blocked.

Roads and bridges are making rapid progress too.
Auto Generated Inline Image 1
Auto Generated Inline Image 2
Auto Generated Inline Image 3

SBitz

Jan 24, 2018, 8:44:47 PM1/24/18
to Santa Barbara CitiZen Network
Along with massive destruction and heroically rapid recovery, the whole area has greened up remarkably fast after the flood. The line between burned area and un-burned is quite stark though.
Auto Generated Inline Image 1