Fire Hydrant Hit & Run

SBitz

Nov 11, 2017, 7:38:24 PM11/11/17
to Santa Barbara CitiZen Network
We happened to be flying past while a geyser was going up 100 feet or more from the broken fire hydrant across from Home Improvement. In the wide shot you might be able to make out how many people were watching from blocks around. You see the closer observers and get a sense of how much water was involved in the medium pic as cars navigate the flooded street. In the close-cropped pic, the broken off hydrant is on the sidewalk in the gated driveway at lower left. You can also see the water pooling at the edge of the roof next to the false wall on the building next to the hydrant. I'd been curious how a hydrant could cause a partial roof collapse, but it seems the roof gutters just couldn't keep up with that volume of water. Edhat has more about it all at this link.
DSC01586-bz.jpg
DSC01588-bz-.jpg
DSC01588-bz.jpg