About gGroups

SBitz

Dec 14, 2017, 12:53:47 AM12/14/17
to Santa Barbara CitiZen Network
Section Make8R wrote (over in the Worried Wednesday Fire topic):
I am having a bit of difficulty sorting the posting mechs of Google

Anything helpful is welcome, and I hope anyone else with something helpful to add will find the time to do so. As for this medium, remember that once you're a Member (you are) you can also read and reply via email. Might be easier to use an email app you're comfy with than learning the unfamiliar (and imo klunky) web interface. For using the web interface I put few pointers on how to do the basics in the Welcome post that's first in the list of Topics.

I tend to get lost here.

Same here. :/

  I like the PHBB formats a bit more.

Ditto! Several other forum apps too. Among the reasons I disappointed us all by going with gGroups are 1. Free; 2. Reliable (mostly); 3. Global in case of quake, flood, mudslide, power outage, Fire, plague, etc...; 4. I didn't know if anyone else would join in and share useful, respectful stuff.

Once this ends (or wherever we end up if it doesn't), maybe we can get organized and try to come up with a different medium we could point the SBitZ.NET web address to.

One thing I figured out is to click POST REPLY at the top, select all (Cmd-A on my Mac) and start typing. That way the prior stuff doesn't all end up at the bottom of every post in a Topic using up screen space, bandwidth and eyeball time.