Airport Fire Aerials - Santa Ynez

SBitz

Sep 26, 2017, 12:39:03 AM9/26/17
to Santa Barbara CitiZen Network
Flying from SBA to Oceano today we were surprised how hazy it was, then approaching Lake Cachuma we smelled wildfire smoke. As we continued across the valley northeast of Ballard toward Santa Maria, in the distance at KIZA (Santa Ynez Airport) we could see the last vestiges of smoke from what looked like a controlled burn. Now back home we see on the Edhat Fire report that it was in fact a small grass fire. For anyone else interested as we were, here are some aerial views across the hazy distance.

DSC_5892-bz.jpg
DSC_5899-bz.jpg