2013 National Young Farmers Conference: Lottery Registration Opens on 10/4! (Tarrytown, NY)

Mel Weiss

Oct 3, 2013, 12:29:11 PM10/3/13
to SBC GFI Group SBC GFI Group
Every December, over 250 beginning farmers from across the United States gather at Stone Barns Center for Food and Agriculture to learn from agricultural luminaries, peers, and advocacy organizations at the National Young Farmers Conference: Reviving the Culture of Agriculture. On December 4-6, 2013, Stone Barns Center will host the 6th National Young Farmers Conference, providing participants with access to inspiring keynotes and more than 60 unique workshops that address soil science, technical skills, agricultural policy, farm business management, marketing, and more.

We are thrilled to announce that this year’s keynote address will be delivered by Wendell Berry, poet, author, essayist and farmer, and Mary Berry, Executive Director of The Berry Center.

This year, registration for the conference will be by lottery. Beginning farmers (10 years farming or less) will be given registration preference. We will be posting the online application this Friday, October 4. Applications must be received by 5PM EST on October 11 to be included in the lottery.

For more information about registration and program highlights, visit the Virtual Grange: http://www.virtualgrange.org/learn/young-farmers-conference/

MEL WEISS
Growing Farmers Initiative Coordinator
Stone Barns Center for Food & Agriculture
630 Bedford Road
Pocantico Hills, NY 10520
@VirtualGrange