Call for Tech-sevaks for Sanskrit document analytics applications

Sai Susarla

Jun 4, 2018, 2:22:20 PM6/4/18
[Bcc'ed to Samskrita Bharati Bangalore groups]

Namo namaH,
Many of you are Samskrit lovers and tech experts too, at the same time. But those two sides of you rarely meet on common ground. What if they did?
What if you could apply your skills in software architecture, problem-solving and data science to Sanskrit document analytics and revolutionize access to Indic scientific knowledge?

That's precisely what we are trying at M(aharashtra)IT School of Vedic Sciences, Pune (https://mitvedicsciences.com/) for about a year now - a core group of Indic shaastra experts working side-by-side with computer scientists. And we've already published 3 research papers in conferences so far.  The latest one in the upcoming World Sanskrit Conference in Vancouver in July 2018 on automating Paanini Ashtadhyayi interpretation - codenamed PAIAS:
http://www.vedavaapi.org/publications

You too can participate in this exciting work without giving up your day job, if
1) you have experience in Python programming and either NoSQL, Image processing, deep learning, graph analytics, or Big data architectures, and
2) can volunteer at least 10 hours per week for Sanskrit software development.

We have a couple of ongoing multi-year projects under a non-profit organization called Vedavaapi.org. They need a lot of programming / problem-solving help.
1) PAIAS - Python-based dynamic samskrit word generator based on machine interpretation of Paanini Ashtadhyayi sutras.
2) Shaastra Maps - Converting Sanskrit treatises into Mindmaps semi-automatically for easy reading and knowledge search.
3) Textract - Converting palm leaf and scanned old Indic manuscripts into searchable text.

I will be in Bangalore on June 6th and 8th and will be happy to meet/talk with those interested or curious.

Regards,
- Sai.
99020-39123

supersunil

Jun 5, 2018, 6:09:25 AM6/5/18
to Samskrita Bharati Jayanagar Vibhaga (South Bangalore)
Hari Om Mahodaya,

Am interested in this. In fact recently got the below link and was checking Sudarshan mahodaya of the status.

Anyways cannot commit about the time per week though. But willing to meet you tomorrow if possible.
I know basic python programming. But need help/support to get improve in the coding.

Idaaneem aham Jayanagara-bhaagasya samyojakaha asmi.

Will call you sometime.
My number: 9448866085

Dhanyavadah,
Sunil.

Sunil G.R.

Jun 5, 2018, 6:15:26 AM6/5/18
to Samskrita Bharati Jayanagar Vibhaga (South Bangalore)
Oops.. wanted to reply to only Sai Mahodaya. But went to all. Now dont know how to recall this email :)

Dhanyavadah,
Sunil.