अस्मिन् विषये भवान् साहाय्यं कर्तुम् शक्नेषि किम्? Please spread the message in social media as much as possible.

शेषु दुर्बाकः

May 20, 2019, 12:56:41 AM5/20/19
to sb-vija...@googlegroups.com, sb...@googlegroups.com, sb_marathalli, sb_so...@googlegroups.com, sb_u...@googlegroups.com

#OathInSamskritam नाम्ना अभीयानाम् । let us run this campaign everywhere in SM be it Twitter, Whatsapp , emails or instagram ...in a way no more excuses by power centres in the 2nd term.  Glory to Samskritam is glory to Bharath. Any doubts?https://twitter.com/samskrita/status/1130276287090647040?s=12 at minimum spread the message in social media as much as possible.

--

भवदीयः

शेषु दुर्बाकः
Interested in spoken Samskritam ? click here

Puranika Narayana Bhatta

May 20, 2019, 2:15:01 AM5/20/19
to शेषु दुर्बाकः, sb-vija...@googlegroups.com, sb...@googlegroups.com, sb_marathalli, sb_so...@googlegroups.com, sb_u...@googlegroups.com

This is good, but requires a constitutional amendment.

Let us be aware that the council of ministers can take oath of office and secrecy, only in the official language of the Union (or state), viz., Hindi and English for the Union (and Sanskrit in Uttarakhand), in a format specified in Schedule 3.  So, this is a pointless exercise which will only lead to the proponents feeling let down.

Instead please push MPs to take oath; that is allowed in any language in the Eight Schedule.  Last time, the speaker Sumitra Mahajan and EAM Sushma Swaraj, set examples followed by a number of MPs.

शेषु दुर्बाकः

May 20, 2019, 9:37:08 AM5/20/19
to Puranika Narayana Bhatta, sb-vija...@googlegroups.com, sb...@googlegroups.com, sb_marathalli, sb_so...@googlegroups.com, sb_u...@googlegroups.com
Good point. Tossed it to someone up in SB, who was having a say in Campaign. Let us see what goes and comes back.

Mihir Jha: C'est La Vie

May 21, 2019, 5:45:23 AM5/21/19
to Puranika Narayana Bhatta, शेषु दुर्बाकः, sb-vija...@googlegroups.com, sb...@googlegroups.com, sb_marathalli, sb_so...@googlegroups.com, sb_ulsoor
Sanskrit is among 22 official languages as per 8th schedule of constitution of India. So, that doesn't seem to be a problem. Please check this link: https://dopt.gov.in/sites/default/files/ch-14.pdf

But I also agree that there are some clauses that dont permit any minister to take oath in any language other than Hindi/English. MPs and MLAs, however, can take oath in any language. I am saying this on the basis of my recollection from 2014 oaths of NDA govt.

Personally, i think taking oath in Sanskrit is something that many BJP leaders will easily agree. They get some publicity and win some more followers in SM. The thing is that they dont do any concrete work for rehabilitating Sanskrit. Last NDA govt had constituted a committee for reviving Sanskrit. Bibek Debroy was also a member of this committee. They had made great recommendations. All that happened, to the best of my knowledge, was some publicity in media in which secular columnists ridiculed MHRD for roping in IITs to revive Sanskrit. While IIT section was just one of the many suggestions made by committee, i dont think there was any concrete work done at all. When new govt will come, it will again constitute committee. That committee will win media attention and next election will come. Repeat :)

Regards
Mihir

Regards
Mihir

Mihir Jha: C'est La Vie

May 21, 2019, 5:47:09 AM5/21/19
to Puranika Narayana Bhatta, शेषु दुर्बाकः, sb-vija...@googlegroups.com, sb...@googlegroups.com, sb_marathalli, sb_so...@googlegroups.com, sb_ulsoor

Madan Kandoi

May 22, 2019, 4:32:49 AM5/22/19
to Mihir Jha: C'est La Vie, Puranika Narayana Bhatta, शेषु दुर्बाकः, sb-vija...@googlegroups.com, sb...@googlegroups.com, sb_marathalli, sb_so...@googlegroups.com, sb_ulsoor
Namaste to all!
Namaste, Mihir!

Your pessimism, fortunately expressed with humour, is fully justified. No great immediate expectation from BJP!
Perhaps one way to beat the situation would be to increase our tenacity to be optimistic.
The following is off the point of present discussion, but I thought I will share it all the same.

BJP (generically speaking and including its leaders) already has its hands full with struggling hard to change the culture (if we can call it that!) that set in in the country since some 70 years. Here we are talking of resurgence of an inherently true "CULTURE" (broadly speaking) spanning millenniums - via SANSKRIT. If we compare the progress made between BJP undoing 70 years and you guys (we, I mean) redoing 7000 (?) years, I think you are faring better. So let's just keep pushing from all corners, the results will suddenly become visible one fine day. That's what I believe.

For further encouragement:
[The Foundations of Indian Culture - Sri Aurobindo]

The ancient and classical creations of the Sanskrit tongue both in quality and in body and abundance of excellence, in their potent originality and force and beauty, in their substance and art and structure, in grandeur and justice and charm of speech and in the height and width of the reach of their spirit stand very evidently in the front rank among the world's great literatures. The language itself, as has been universally recognised by those competent to form a judgment, is one of the most magnificent, the most perfect and wonderfully sufficient literary instruments developed by the human mind, at once majestic and sweet and flexible, strong and clearly-formed and full and vibrant and subtle, and its quality and character would be of itself a sufficient evidence of the character and quality of the race whose mind it expressed and the culture of which it was the reflecting medium.

And a very simple advice, practical and powerful:
Words Of The Mother Volume-15

Question:
Sweet Mother,
We would like to have − as the expression of what You want − a message from You about the new life for Sanskrit, of which You gave us a glimpse in Your talk of 11 November 1967. We would like to translate this message and publish it in the Ashram journals, for some disciples would like to know what You have said about this matter.

Answer:

I see no need for any message. Messages only convince those who are already convinced.

It would be better to learn Sanskrit and try to make it a truly living language.

Blessings.

- The Mother

Thank you for the opportunity to share.

Regards.