Omaha 8 Hi-Lo Tournament 9pm PDT Saturday!

Roger J. Kaplan

Aug 5, 2020, 9:55:01 PM8/5/20
to sb_p...@googlegroups.com

Ok, gents:  We are playing Omaha 8 hi-lo at our usual 9:00 pm PDT this coming Saturday (Aug 8).

REMEMBER THAT WE ARE NO LONGER USING POKERSTARS!!!  We now use the “Poker Mavens” software.

Per the consensus last week, we will try playing with a 15-minute blind cycle, instead of 12-minute.

If you did not join us last week, remember to register an account on our “Poker Mavens” server!!!!

MUST do the following BEFORE the tourney starts.  Please do not try to do all this in the last couple of minutes (or even hours) before or after the tournament starts:

  1. Go to (and bookmark) http://sbpoker.eastus.cloudapp.azure.com:8087 .  When prompted for a site password, it is “Unicum!” (without the quotation marks);
  2. On the “Login” window, click the “Create New Account” button if you have not yet set one up.  Otherwise, enter your username and password;
  3. If you have not previously done so, fill in all the fields in the “Create New Account” window—DON’T FORGET WHATEVER PASSWORD YOU USE!  Be sure to put in an email address—There will be a verification email sent to you after you hit “OK”, and you’ll need to copy the code emailed to you in the applicable box on the “Login” window;
  4. If you don’t like any of the 64 standard choices for avatars, you can email me one of your own.  It MUST be a “.png” or “.jpg” file EXACTLY 32 pixels in height and 32 pixels in width.  GET IT TO ME WELL IN ADVANCE OF THE START TIME—I can’t otherwise guarantee I will have a chance to load it into the server for you;
  5. Go to the “Tournaments” tab.  Click on the “SB Poker—No Limit Omaha” entry (make sure it is the one referring to the upcoming tournament date).  Then click the “Register” button at the bottom right corner;
  6. Registration now CLOSES 10 minutes after the start time.
  7. OUR VIDEO CHATTING THIS WEEK WILL STILL BE ON ZOOM:
    1. https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84607057976?pwd=UDdYSVA3cTBZRXJTRWNyaU9EMnVDdz09
    2. Meeting ID: 846 0705 7976
    3. Password: 632573;
    4. I’m planning on launching the video chat about 5 minutes before the tournament start time;
  8. On game night, log into the same link and use the same site password as in #1, then log in to your account.

Instead of settling up after each tournament, we will be tracking spends and winnings—and we’ll just aggregate everything together and reconcile at the next in-person game.  A spreadsheet will be posted to Discord after each tourney.

If you’re on the mailing list, but haven’t yet played any of our virtual tournaments—DON’T BE SHY!!

Looking forward to playing Saturday!

--Roger Kaplan

Roger J. Kaplan

Aug 12, 2020, 10:15:44 PM8/12/20
to sb_p...@googlegroups.com

Ok, gents:  We are playing Omaha 8 hi-lo at our usual 9:00 pm PDT this coming Saturday (Aug 15).

REMEMBER THAT WE ARE NO LONGER USING POKERSTARS!!!  We now use the “Poker Mavens” software.

Same rules as last week’s tournament.

If you did not join us on either of our prior “Poker Mavens” tourneys, remember to register an account on our “Poker Mavens” server!!!!

Sebastian Kessel

Aug 12, 2020, 11:22:36 PM8/12/20
to sb_p...@googlegroups.com
Sorry boys. I’m out this weekend.

Bob is playing, so I have to make sure he’s comfortable before I get in there and give him the usual crap.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sb_poker/942741523.932191.1597284940292%40emg-ca-1-2.securemail.intermedia.net.

--
Sebastian

Ken Weber

Aug 12, 2020, 11:32:17 PM8/12/20
to sb_p...@googlegroups.com
Awesome. Looking forward to seeing Bob lose more money after Vegas.
Ken

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

Bob Glazier

Aug 13, 2020, 10:15:57 AM8/13/20
to sb_p...@googlegroups.com

So, of course after bitching and moaning about not getting your emails . . .

I’m out for this Saturday.

Roger J. Kaplan

Aug 19, 2020, 10:27:16 PM8/19/20
to sb_p...@googlegroups.com

Ok, gents:  We are playing Omaha 8 hi-lo at our usual 9:00 pm PDT this coming Saturday (Aug 22).

REMEMBER THAT WE ARE NO LONGER USING POKERSTARS!!!  We now use the “Poker Mavens” software.

Same rules as last week’s tournament.

If you have not yet joined us on any of our prior “Poker Mavens” tourneys, remember to register an account on our “Poker Mavens” server!!!!

Gary

Aug 20, 2020, 2:33:47 PM8/20/20
to sb_p...@googlegroups.com
I’m in

Thanks , Gary

Allen Z. Sussman

Aug 21, 2020, 10:17:09 AM8/21/20
to sb_p...@googlegroups.com
Thought I'd share:

47. “Dogs are lousy poker players. When they get a good hand, they wag their tails.”

funny poker quotes about poker

Roger J. Kaplan

Aug 26, 2020, 9:08:44 PM8/26/20
to sb_p...@googlegroups.com

Ok, gents:  We are playing Omaha 8 hi-lo at our usual 9:00 pm PDT this coming Saturday (Aug 29).

REMEMBER THAT WE ARE NO LONGER USING POKERSTARS!!!  We now use the “Poker Mavens” software.

Same rules as last week’s tournament (except I extended late registration to 30 minutes—so, no more excuses, Adam 😉).

[...]

  1. Registration now CLOSES 30 minutes after the start time.
  1. OUR VIDEO CHATTING THIS WEEK WILL STILL BE ON ZOOM:
    1. https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84607057976?pwd=UDdYSVA3cTBZRXJTRWNyaU9EMnVDdz09
    2. Meeting ID: 846 0705 7976
    3. Password: 632573;
    4. I’m planning on launching the video chat about 5 minutes before the tournament start time;
  2. On game night, log into the same link and use the same site password as in #1, then log in to your account.

Instead of settling up after each tournament, we will be tracking spends and winnings—and we’ll just aggregate everything together and reconcile at the next in-person game.  A spreadsheet will be posted to Discord after each tourney.

If you’re on the mailing list, but haven’t yet played any of our virtual tournaments—DON’T BE SHY!! {BOB???}

Bob Glazier

Aug 27, 2020, 10:36:03 AM8/27/20
to sb_p...@googlegroups.com

I’ll be out to dinner earlier in the evening, not sure when I’ll be back.

Sorry, after bitching and moaning about not being invited, I’m THAT guy now.

Hope to see you all on Saturday

[...]

6.       Registration now CLOSES 30 minutes after the start time.

7.       OUR VIDEO CHATTING THIS WEEK WILL STILL BE ON ZOOM:

a.       https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84607057976?pwd=UDdYSVA3cTBZRXJTRWNyaU9EMnVDdz09

b.      Meeting ID: 846 0705 7976

c.       Password: 632573;

d.      I’m planning on launching the video chat about 5 minutes before the tournament start time;

8.       On game night, log into the same link and use the same site password as in #1, then log in to your account.

Instead of settling up after each tournament, we will be tracking spends and winnings—and we’ll just aggregate everything together and reconcile at the next in-person game.  A spreadsheet will be posted to Discord after each tourney.

If you’re on the mailing list, but haven’t yet played any of our virtual tournaments—DON’T BE SHY!! {BOB???}

Looking forward to playing Saturday!

--Roger Kaplan

Roger J. Kaplan

Aug 28, 2020, 1:23:44 PM8/28/20
to sb_p...@googlegroups.com

Hey, folks:  In case anyone tried to register for Saturday’s tournament within the last 24 or so hours, please try again.  The server was down.

Best!

--Roger

Ok, gents:  We are playing Omaha 8 hi-lo at our usual 9:00 pm PDT this coming Saturday (Aug 29).

REMEMBER THAT WE ARE NO LONGER USING POKERSTARS!!!  We now use the “Poker Mavens” software.

Same rules as last week’s tournament (except I extended late registration to 30 minutes—so, no more excuses, Adam 😉).

If you have not yet joined us on any of our prior “Poker Mavens” tourneys, remember to register an account on our “Poker Mavens” server!!!!

MUST do the following BEFORE the tourney starts.  Please do not try to do all this in the last couple of minutes (or even hours) before or after the tournament starts:

  1. Go to (and bookmark) http://sbpoker.eastus.cloudapp.azure.com:8087 .  When prompted for a site password, it is “Unicum!” (without the quotation marks);
  1. On the “Login” window, click the “Create New Account” button if you have not yet set one up.  Otherwise, enter your username and password;
  1. If you have not previously done so, fill in all the fields in the “Create New Account” window—DON’T FORGET WHATEVER PASSWORD YOU USE!  Be sure to put in an email address—There will be a verification email sent to you after you hit “OK”, and you’ll need to copy the code emailed to you in the applicable box on the “Login” window;
  1. If you don’t like any of the 64 standard choices for avatars, you can email me one of your own.  It MUST be a “.png” or “.jpg” file EXACTLY 32 pixels in height and 32 pixels in width.  GET IT TO ME WELL IN ADVANCE OF THE START TIME—I can’t otherwise guarantee I will have a chance to load it into the server for you;
  1. Go to the “Tournaments” tab.  Click on the “SB Poker—No Limit Omaha” entry (make sure it is the one referring to the upcoming tournament date).  Then click the “Register” button at the bottom right corner;
  1. Registration now CLOSES 30 minutes after the start time.
  1. OUR VIDEO CHATTING THIS WEEK WILL STILL BE ON ZOOM:
    1. Meeting ID: 846 0705 7976
    1. Password: 632573;
    1. I’m planning on launching the video chat about 5 minutes before the tournament start time;
  1. On game night, log into the same link and use the same site password as in #1, then log in to your account.

Roger J. Kaplan

Sep 3, 2020, 1:23:40 AM9/3/20
to sb_p...@googlegroups.com

Ok, gents:  We are playing Omaha 8 hi-lo at our usual 9:00 pm PDT this coming Saturday (Sept 5).

REMEMBER THAT WE ARE NO LONGER USING POKERSTARS!!!  We now use the “Poker Mavens” software.

Same rules as last week’s tournament.

Roger J. Kaplan

Sep 10, 2020, 8:47:04 PM9/10/20
to sb_p...@googlegroups.com

Ok, gents:  We are playing Omaha 8 hi-lo at our usual 9:00 pm PDT this coming Saturday (Sept 12).

Mark Bentkower

Sep 11, 2020, 9:38:04 AM9/11/20
to sb_p...@googlegroups.com
Gents,