Lt. Cmdr. Eerie - Fine shooter - tag Pavlova/Herrera/Avery/T'Mihn/Udas/Jaxx

Mark Swift

May 27, 2014, 4:24:43 PM5/27/14
to sb118-v...@googlegroups.com

 ((Ventral Bridge))

((OOC – had to make an adjustment in the simm for continuity sake, fyi))

 ::Eerie had just fired at the Andorian ship, and was getting  some  interface from the impact.::

Eerie: Picking up primary and some secondary damage to the Andorian vessel. The torpedoes must have ruptured the shielding, and it appears that they have primary power down. They are retreating on sublight power. Leaving a hard trail of debris, they are in no condition to fight. They look about three sheets to the wind on their current course.::Tracking an erratic course.::

::Eerie had just dropped a metaphor in a major report. He mentally winced at himself.::

Eerie:oOWhy? Why? It was a good report until that last sentence. Oo

::He was impressed with ventral section in combat,  there would a long report to write about the action and he was starting to think about some ‘tweaks’ to its weapons array and doing things differently.  However, he was still pleased with the performance of the crew and the ship.  He looked at the Udas and gave a tiny shrug of his shoulders as if the say he didn’t mean to say that and then over the Admiral.::

Eerie: Sorry, Admiral. Ravensville, slip of the tongue.::Dryly.::

 Udas: Admiral, Chief, we, uh.. ::he paused and checked his readings one final time:: we uh, actually didn't knock the ship of our combat.  Captain Herrera and his ship did.  The torpedoes were lost in the overall explosions coming from the ship. So while your aim was true, Chief, this victory gets chalked up to the Captain.

::Eerie didn’t care, the disabling of the ship was all that mattered to him. His shot had been true.

Jaxx/Valiane: Response

Eerie: I have damage control parties responding. Diverting power to life support.

Udas: Moving us away from the other Andorian ships on course Zero Mark Eight.  We could use the distance right now.

Eerie: Sounds like a good idea.

::There was a moment of silence, and then Udas spoke up.::

Udas: Admiral, what are your orders?

Udas: Opening up a channel to Captain Herrera now.

Herrera: =/\= Gentlemen, how's everything holding together? =/\=

Jaxx/Udas: =/\= Response =/\=

Eerie: =/\=Still in one piece. Sir. =/\=

Herrera: =/\= We're about to start evacuating Romulans from the station. They just engaged their self destruct over there and I assume they've been boarded. I want to reconnect the dorsal and ventral sections. Udas, are you up to it? =/\=

Udas: =/\= Response =/\=

 Eerie : =/\= I guess things are pretty bad over there. : =/\=

 Jaxx: =/\= Response =/\=

Herrera: =/\= We need to start the docking process right now. We're matching your course and speed. As soon as you're done, head up to the main bridge. =/\=

Eerie =/\=Yes, captain. =/\=

 Jaxx/Udas: =/\= Response =/\=

:: It was just a few minutes as they maneuvered back to the main section of the Vigilant.  Eerie picked up a massive explosion on his tactical sensors and found it was the research station.  A quick scan showed no substantial mass anymore. The station had been destroyed, completely.::

Udas: It's....gone.

Eerie: Agreed, completely. Hope they had time to evacuate.::Looking up at Udas.::

Jaxx: Response

::Eerie increased his scan radii of the area of the station, and then pulled up whatever scans there was of the explosion again from the data recorder. The pattern was apparent, it was hard to tell if it was deliberate or just an overload, but the result was apparent.::

 Eerie: Looks like an internal explosion from the debris field from what I can tell.

Udas:  ::looking at his console, quizzically:: I am reading now power surges or traces of weapons fire. I, I don't know what to say.

Eerie:  There isn’t much to say…Now it looks like a self-destruction sequence from the power levels on the station. Normally in an overload you see an uncontrolled reaction. Power levels were being held pretty stable. If you are going to destroy your own station, you don’t want to lose power just before hand.

:: It was the cold hard truth, there was a moment of silence as they tried to come to grips with the news.::

::They spend the next few minutes get the ship docked and  took  just a few seconds for the systems to integrate back with the main bridge.  As soon as the bridge powered down it was time to get the main bridge.::

Eerie: Come on LT. Let’s not keep the Captain waiting.

Udas: Response

Eerie:Sometimes we just do our duty, that is the best we can do.::Eerie flashed a rare and very brief smile at the Andorian.::

Udas: Response

((Main Bridge, Deck One))

::They left the turbolift and Eerie looked around, it appeared that the action was over, and everyone was taking a moment to catch their breathes. Eerie focused  on the  Captain.::

Herrera: Good to see you gentlemen. Is everyone alright?

Eerie: Fine sir. Looks like you have a good shooter at tactical.::Looking over at  Commander Pavlova.::

Udas: Response

Pavlova: Response

 Herrera: Response

Eerie: Guess she will be aiming for department chief next.  Sir.::A small smile developed briefly. He was proud to the marine, she had molded into a fine tactical officer. It had been an eventful day and his thoughts drifted toward Nia::

Eerie:oOHope she is well.Oo

Pavlova: Response

T'Mihn/Avery/Udas/Herrera:Response

Tbc/tag