Ensign Scotty Reade - Fight or Flight

Sunny Sandhu

May 6, 2021, 3:28:19 PM5/6/21
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

((Main Engineering – Deck 8, USS Veritas))

Reade: Commander, I remember my dad stating that we could overload the EPS to temporarily boost the shields. We could try that onboard. It could allow us to continue to have shields and tactical systems?

Ukinix: You’re Dad sounds like a smart man but keep a close eye on the output.  If we start blowing conduits, we’ll be downgraded from sitting ducks to crawling emus.

Scotty nodded to Wil. He was aware that tinkering with the EPS during a battle, could render the ship defenseless if the EPS blew. Scotty needed to be carefully monitoring the EPS conduits to ensure that nothing overloaded.

Vanlith: Response

Reade: I will give that a try.

Computer: Intruder alert.  Warning.  Intruder alert.

Scotty looked at the holographic display and noticed something super bad just happened. The shield emitters just went red. The computer started stating that there were enemies onboard. As a precaution the doors to engineering were automatically sealed to protect the team and critical systems.

Ukinix: =/\= Ukinix to Rahman.  Shield emitters are offline. =/\=

Rahman: =/\= If the shields are gone, give us more engine power. We need to outrun their transporter range. =/\=

Ukinix: =/\= Aye ma’am! =/\=

Ukinix: ::Raised voice to team:: Divert everything you can to impulse and warp engines!  I don’t care what it is!

The engineering team busted into action. Scotty looked at one of the consoles near the warp core and noticed that Commander Ukinix increased the warp factor up.

Ukinix: When we hit warp we’re going to push this baby to Warp 4.3 for as long as we can.

Reade: Copy, diverting power from all non-critical systems to engines.

Lazitifar: Roger, diverting power to engines from secondary systems

Vanlith: Response

Once again the ship buckled under the phaser fire from the enemy vessels. More computer terminals started sparking from the damage. Scotty grabbed the table to steady himself.

Ukinix: :: While tapping at screen:: Report!

Reade: There seems to be a bulkhead breach on Deck 6. Lucky, no one was in that area, and the forcefields have engaged and sealed the breach. I have diverted all power from non-critical systems to engines.

Lazitifar: SIF failing, hull strength beginning to degrade. I’ve routed all power from all but the battle sensors, but that’ll only hold us for a short time.

Vanlith: Response

Scotty looked at the computer terminal in front of him, engine power was still nominal. He looked down towards his phaser and made sure it was armed and ready.

Reade: There is nothing more I can divert power from! We still need power for life support systems.

Lazitifar/Vanlith: Responses

Ukinix: We’ve done everything we can.  ::Shrug:: I guess we just wait.

Scotty looked at the console computer, they just passed Warp 4.2. He grabbed hold of the computer terminal to steady himself. The ship was rattling. He felt like his body was in a blender.

Ukinix: $#^@!  Secondary SIFs have failed!

Smoke from the nacelle’s started filling up the engineering room. All of sudden a few Klingons emerged from the Jeffries tubes. They started firing their phasers. Wil fired his phaser back. Scotty grabbed his phaser and returned fire as well.

Reade: To our left! Two of them went behind the terminal.

Lazitifar/Vanlith: Responses

Scotty fired back the phaser towards the enemies. He did not have a clear shot.

Reade: Cover me! I am going to try and rotate across the lab.

Ukinix/Lazitifar/Vanlith: Responses

Scotty grabbed a piece of exposed metal from one of the desks. He could use it as an improvised knife just in case.

Scotty noticed that Zhaynt was in a close-quarters battle with one of the Klingons. He thought he could assist with the fight.

Reade: ::To Zhaynt:: Duck!

Scotty fired the phaser and the bolt hit the Klingon right in the chest, he instantly stumbled to the ground.

Lazitifar: Response

Reade: You alright Zhaynt? :: Puts hand out:: Grab my hand.

Ukinix/Lazitifar/Vanlith: Responses

Scotty was glad that the team was able to stop the attackers for the moment.

Reade: :: To Wil:: Commander, that was a close one. The ship seems to be stable still at Warp 4.3. I highly doubt that was the last of our Klingon friends.

Ukinix/Vanlith/Lazitifar: Responses

TAG/TBC
--
Ensign Scotty Reade