[MH] LtCmdr Sky Blake, "Duchess of morning."

Deliera Jay

Dec 3, 2017, 11:19:11 PM12/3/17
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
((Mess Hall))

::Sky Blake had intended on assisting with the Secator holiday decorations in the Auditorium. This was, however, until she'd made the mistake of checking her inbox.::

SD 239410.15

Ms Skyleena Serrella Blake,

It saddens me to inform you of the untimely death of Lylita Cole (Vataix). Lila passed on stardate 239410.12. A memorial service will be held in one week from today.

I understand this may be a difficult time for you, but I would like speak with you on behalf of the Vataix family regarding your relation to the Eleventh House of Betazed. Your mother had forsaken the name decades ago, but this is a decision myself and our family do not believe should affect her surviving line. As a representative of the House, I extend to you and yours this invitation as a distant family member, seeking reconciliation of our differences.

Given your current area of deployment, I do not expect an immediate response from you, nor are you by any means obligated to contact me.

I extend my best wishes and deepest sympathies to yourself and your family,

Astras Teitut

::Sufficed to say, holiday festivities for Sky took a backseat for today.::

::Sky never had a great relationship with her own mother. To hear of her death brought little if any emotional response. With her mother and father now gone, she no longer had physical ties to Brekka. In a way, it was a blessing.

::Her immediate concern was more to do with this Teitut figure she'd never heard of prior to this - to be expected, really, because even if she *had* heard of him before, the chances she'd remember it were slim. Sky would admit that she knew next to nothing about her Betazoid heritage, but this was . . . this was preposterous. Ties to a Betazoid house? There had to be an ulterior motive here, she was sure of it.

::Even if there wasn't, who in what universe would give such a thing up for a life on a world being torn apart by it's own inhabitants? If Sky felt betrayed before, she was livid now.::

::She leaned back in her chair, legs crossed as she twirled the copper ring around her thumb, the PADD with it's display turned off discarded on the table in front of her. "Reconciliation"?::

oO What did you get up to, mother. Oo

Kelrod: Response?

::Blake glanced up at the commander., sitting up and gesturing to the seat across from her. An opportunity to get out of her funk had arrived just in time, and she welcomed it with a warm mug of jibrore.::

Blake: Join me?

Kelrod: Response?

Blake: I'd heard rumor about you and Ensign Harik. Is it too premature to extend my well wishes?

Kelrod: Response?

Tbc . . .

LtCmdr Sky Blake
Ranger