Esion Akoibo and Nivoxi Unaa - Gossip

Wil Ukinix

Jul 22, 2020, 9:43:07 AM7/22/20
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

(OOC: For background reading, check out these wiki articles: Ninth House of Betazed and Vaxa Ral.  Thanks for reading, enjoy!)

((Administrative Office, “Tholta” Primary Reconciliation Building, Rixx, Betazed))

Esion Akoibo leaned against his stand-up desk, and sighed while adjusting the bun he had on the top of his head.

Unaa: oO Sighing isn’t going to make the day go faster, Esion. Oo

Akoibo: ::Rolling eyes:: oO Well it’s boring today.  No juicy petitions.  In fact, we haven’t had one all week! Oo

Nivoxi Unaa smirked at her colleague.  She knew how much he loved gossip.  They were bound to confidentially as part of their job to administer the day-to-day runnings of the Primary Reconcilation Forum, Betazed’s highest judicial assembly for resolving civil disputes.  But she wondered if Esion ever told his friends some of the sordid details of the petitions they received…

Unaa: ::Smirking:: oO At least it’s quiet for a change.  By the Four, it’s been so busy lately. Oo

Akoibo: oO Yes… but, well you know me, Nivoxi!  I love a bit of drama.  Who doesn’t? Oo

Nivoxi playfully shook her head and turned back to her console’s screen.  But Esion continued.

Akoibo: oO Admit it, you applied for this job to see the “dark side” of Betazed. Oo

Unaa: oO ::shocked, amused:: Esion! I got a part-time *placement* while I’m studying at university because I want to be a Representative one day!  Oo

Esion leaned forward on his desk and smiled.

Akoibo: oO But you *do* enjoy some of the sordid details of the petitions that are submitted.  I know you do. Oo

Unaa: oO ::slightly wicked smile:: It can be a guilty pleasure sometimes…  Oo

Akoibo: oO Ha! I knew it!  ::Leaning back against desk:: Not this week though, Voxi.  No broken bonding promises, or marriage break-ups.  Just ::gesturing to console:: arguments over uttaberries. Oo

Unaa: oO ::Looking back at console:: Oh Esion, we serve a purpose for the people of Betazed, and-  Oo

She cut herself off as she read the details of a newly lodged petition on her console’s screen.  Her eyes darted left and right as she took in some of the details.  After a few seconds, her jaw dropped.

Unaa: By the Four Deitites!

She covered her mouth when she realised she had spoken out loud, before looking at Esion, and giggling quietly in shock.  Esion looked on with curiosity, before quickly rounding his desk, to stand next to Nivoxi. He could sense her shock, curiosity, and intrigue.

Akoibo: oO What *is* it, Voxi?  Oo ::Speaking quietly, reading Nivoxi’s screen:: “Keehani Ukinix petitioning the Primary Reconciliation Forum, for consideration by an Adjudicator, for the rightful re-establishment of Keehani Ral, formerly Keehani Ukinix, as ::gasp, looking at Nivoxi:: matriarch of the Ninth House of Betazed!

Unaa: oO Look at the party they’ve named. Oo

Esion turned back to look at the screen, before speaking loudly.

Akoibo: *All* the houses of Betazed?!

It was Esion’s turn to cover his mouth.  Both administrative officers giggled quietly in unison at his unexpected outburst.  He returned to telepathic communication.

Akoibo: oO Seriously, who petitions all the Noble houses?  Oo

Nivoxi shrugged, before she turned back to the screen.

Unaa: oO “Keehani Ukinix”, apparently.  Whoever she is.  She's playing with fire. Oo

Akoibo: oO ::Looking at Nivoxi:: The *Ninth* House?  Who’s the matriarch now?  Oo

Unaa: oO ::Shrugging::  No idea.  They’re not that well known.  Aren’t they the house of farming or something?  Oo

Akoibo: oO ::Looking at Nivozi:: I think so?  Well, they’re obviously no Eleventh House.  Say what you want about Rivi Vataix, but she is *gorgeous*.  ::Hand on chest, blinking eyes::  So much grace and charm.  She makes you so proud to be a Betazoid.  Oo

Unaa: oO I’m not a Noble watcher, I don’t know that much about her.  Oo

Akoibo: oO Oh, Voxi, she’s divine.  Such a darling.  ::Sigh:: Being a noble.  That would be the life. ::waving hand:: Anyway - I guess we should assign this to one of the Adjudicators.  Can you see who’s free, imzadi? Oo

Unaa: oO ::Tapping console:: Let’s see… Izemu and… Eme have room in their schedule. Oo

Akoibo: oO  Adjudicator Izemu is the most experienced.  Assign it to her. Oo

Unaa: oO ::Tapping console:: She’ll have it at her desk when she finishes up her hearings this afternoon. Oo

Akoibo: oO ::Enthusiastically clapping hands:: Ooh, this is exciting!  Wait until the Houses get this.  They don’t receive petitions that often at all.  This will set minds pulsing.  How fun!  Oo

Esion excitedly rocked on his heels as he and Nivoxi read through the details of the petition.

TBC…

Esion Akoibo & Nivoxi Unaa
Administrative Officers
Primary Reconciliation Forums of Betazed
V239511WU0