Cmdr. Kelrod: Time for wild solutions to come forward

Kelrod Dickens

May 7, 2021, 10:45:02 AM5/7/21
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
(( Veritas – Bridge ))

   The continous attack on the Veritas was increasing and despite the best efforts from Parker to give them additional energy, the strength was coming down.

Kelrod: SHIELDS WEAKENING!

Parker: Response

Reade: =/\= Commander Kelrod,  Ensign Scotty here from Engineering. Have a moment? =/\=

Kelrod: =/\= A bit busy here, what do you need? =/\=

Reade:  =/\= We have found away to give some more range on our scanners. We have launched a probe to double the scanner frequency with our ship sensors. It should allow some more tactical options.

Kelrod: =/\= Right now we're relying more on short range, but as long as it doesn't interfere with tactical systems, use your discretion =/\=

   As the ship continued to rock from weapons fire, Kelrod detected that the   T’Kuvma suddenly began firing on the B’Rakh. Somehow the pattern of attack didn't seem accidental, what was something else to worry about.

Rahman: What the hell are they doing?

Blake: Response

Rahman: Mr. Flynn, get us away from the T'Kuvma!

Flynn: Y-Yes Ma’am!

   But the Klingon battle cruiser was already launching its next volley at Veritas, the ship's hull groaning from the impacts. The B'rakh has been disabled and the cartel ships now have only the Veritas as target.

Bagorgh: =/\= This is the T’Kuvma.  The B’Rakh has been disabled.  Give up the prisoner, or we will take them by force. =/\=

   The Kriosian captain didn't flinch and talked back at the Klingon woman.

Rahman: =/\= Commander Bagorgh. I take it you have no plans to face justice in a courtroom for what you've done today. If you're foolish enough to wish it instead from my hand, I'm only happy to deliver it. =/\=

Bagorgh: =/\= You are outnumbered.  I will send forces to board your ship if I have to. =/\=

   While they're talking Kelrod managed to focus their weapons on two cartel ships, one on each side of the Veritas and launched a barrage of phaser fire, using Flynn's movement during a roll to fire with dorsal and ventral arrays, crippling the two ships and coming to another in front of them with a succession of the pulse cannons and a sierra dispersal torpedo spread.

Rahman: =/\= Why don't you come over yourself and save me the time in arresting you? =/\=

Bagorgh: =/\= Response =/\=

Rahman: =/\= See you in the brig, Commander. =/\=

   She signaled for Kelrod to cut the transmission wich he did gladcly. Then tapped her combadge just while Bagorgh  answered with a volley of torpedoes from the T'Kuvma. The impact struck against whatever was left of Veritas' shields.

Rahman: =/\= Engineering, I need every ounce of power you can muster. =/\=

Ukinix: =/\= We’ve got repair teams all over the ship.  Our biggest problem is energy, we’re channelling as much as we can into what’s left of our shields and increasing our scanner range.  It’s coming down to a choice between shields or tactical systems. =/\=

Rahman: =/\= Your priority is the shields then for now, Mr. Ukinix. They're intent on trying to board the ship and capture Kallo. =/\=

Ukinix: =/\= Response =/\=

   But as another torpedo strike hit them, the overhead lights flickered. Intruder alarms sounded. They're deployed in deck six, he couldn't pinpoint the exact location as there were radiogenic particles flooding that part of the deck.

Rahman: =/\= If the shields are gone, give us more engine power. We need to outrun their transporter range. =/\=

Ukinix: =/\= Response =/\=

   Kelrod sent his sensor readings to ensign Thorne warning her to get ready to receive company and activate the augmented gravity plating protocol if they feel they're near them.

Rahman: Mr. Flynn, change your heading. Oh-four-seven mark two-three. See if you can lose some of our pursuers in that asteroid field up ahead.

Flynn: On it!

Rahman: Mr. Parker, is there a way we could jam their transporters?

Parker: Response

Rahman: We might not have been able to stop them from beaming over, but maybe we can keep them from leaving.

Parker: Response

Blake: Captain, our torpedoes. We might not have the power necessary to launch them, but they're still of use to us.

Kelrod: Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Blake: Make them mines. We can drop them behind us as Flynn maneuvers through the asteroid field. Our pursuers either risk us getting away with their people or fly through them to keep on our tail.

   Not exactly what Kelrod was thinking, but it was close, on a lower level.

Flynn: With our currently tight maneuvering pattern, pursuers will have less reaction time when faced with a mine.

Rahman: Response?

Blake: Caide?

Caide: Understood.

   The ranger departed from the Bridge to make the necessary modifications to the torpedoes.

Kelrod: We also have our different shuttles, their systems are unnafected, not mentioning that they're more agile and maneuverable in this asteroid field than bigger ships.

Rahman/Parker: Response?

Flynn: Enemy fleet is spreading out to pin us down. If we want to evade them completely we ::He stopped short and yelled to the bridge without taking his eyes off his station.:: Vessel on collision course!!

   He stopped short with a grimace as a runabout sized vessel cut them off on an intercept course just as they emerged from a sharp turn against an asteroid. Whether they intended to ram the Veritas or simply hadn’t anticipated their movements they had no time to consider as he rolled the Veritas, Kelrod foreseeing the crash course, he focused all the systems on that ship and fired as they rolled, hitting the ship to destroy it. However, part of the ship impacted on the ship's dorsal saucer, sending an overload through the systems that made the conn console liberate that energy directly in front of Antero, sending him backwards to the floor.

   Seeing that he's being attending and noticing that they're in a dangerous position, he checked the conn realizing that it wasn't operative, so he transferred helm control to his station, on the right side of his display.

Kelrod: Parker, take care of the shields systems if you manage to get them back online.

Parker/Blake: Response

Kelrod: I might need a hand over here with internal security. Those ships are keeping me quite busy. Aside from the mine idea, maybe we can do something... bigger to fend them off.

Rahman/Blake: Response

Kelrod: After releasing the torpedoes, we could use one of the larger asteroids to hide our launch of the Ferdinand as well as the Prospero, Miranda and Ariel to take them from behind. The Shadow could wait hidden 'till the T'Kuvma passes it. Then it can create confusion and maybe even disable some systems of that ship, enough to draw their attention from the Veritas so we can flee and find a safer place for repairs.

Blake/Rahman/Parker: Response

Kelrod: We can also try to use a tractor beam to move some of the asteroid debries in our enemies path. Disrupting the natural pattern of the field, even in a small degree could cause a chain reaction making the field unstable behind us, thus, making our pursuers leave the pursue or risk themselves being hit by the rocks. :: His console beeped briefly::  I'm reading the interference on deck sisx reaching sickbay.

Rahman/Blake/Parker: Response

TBC:
NCC-95035
K238008KT0