Kallo Ver, and the Perils of Being Two Steps Ahead.

Deliera Jay

May 3, 2021, 1:18:06 PM5/3/21
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
((Sickbay))

Kallo: I'm typically extraordinarily good at reading people, but mathematics just isn't a strong suit of mine. What are the statistical chances a Klingon chooses this precise moment to launch an attack on a Starfleet vessel?

Wong: I’m sorry, what? This doesn’t sound so much of an odds game as it is that there are some details being withheld here.

Thorne: The precise moment you are speaking of, has now passed. No attack. ::deadpan and almost Vulcanlike Lilith looked at the stranger and frowned.:: For what reason do you believe this may occur?

Kallo: By rights, I'm their prisoner.

His stomach churned, and Kallo paled.

Kallo: Actually, let's put the hypotheticals aside now. Unless you've a bucket handy?

Wong scooped a large kidney dish passed it to Kallo.

Wong: Try this!

And with very little and undignified fanfare, the unordinary man of the Shoals threw up (most of) the contents he'd had for breakfast.

Thorne: ::sarcasticly as she turned her head slightly:: Oh, lovely!

Wong: How are you feeling?

Thorne: Now I'm not feeling so good after witnessing that.

Kallo:::sarcastically:: Positively stellar. And this ship is currently in a fast rotation. I would most certainly like treatment.

Wong: Mind if I give you a scan first? I’d like to know what I’m dealing with before I prescribe anything.

Kallo gestured wildly for Wong to get the scan over with.

Wong: Okay. :And with that he started his scan: Anything I should be aware of?

Kallo: Not to my knowledge. The only food I've eaten has been from your replicator!

Thorne: IT MOVED!

Kallo froze. Wong seemed... unphased.

Wong: What moved?

Thorne: ::pointing at the kidney dish:: Th-there is something in the dish! It moved.

Kallo: Am I dying!?

Wong: Uhh… Ensign, maybe you might be provoking it by staring? It’s shy. ::A beat:: Just kidding! I’ll look into that later for samples.

The medical practitioner turned to Kallo.

Wong: Everything else looks healthy on these scans. I’ll just prep a hypospray for this and should have you on your feet soon.

He went over to a nearby counter and started prepping the hypospray.

Kallo: On my feet to run from my own insides!

Thorne: What is...

Kelrod: =/\= Kelrod to Thorne, how's our guest doing? =/\=

Thorne: =/\= Yeah, Commander. I wouldn't know sir. I am a security officer, not a Doctor. But it doesn't look good. At least from what I see. =/\=

Kallo: It doesn't look good!!?

Kelrod: =/\= ETA for him to get back to his quarters? =/\=

Thorne: =/\= One moment, Commander..=/\=

Wong =/\= Give me about fifteen minutes and he should be ready to go. =/\=

Kelrod: =/\= Understood, once he's back and you're replaced as his escort, get to the bridge. I need you here for a few minutes =/\=

Thorne: =/\= Yes, Commander. With pleasure. Thorne out. =/\=

Wong: Alright. It’s ready to go. It should clear up the worst of it. But I still recommend getting some rest.

Kallo: But there's something alive in me!?!

With that, Wong administered the hypospray.

Wong: There! Any better?

Kallo: I think I can feel something crawling through my veins.

It was his heartbeat. He was freaking out about his own heartbeat. Probably for the sake of being dramatic.

Wong: Huh. That’s an interesting way to put it, isn’t it?

The ship shook. Wong shoved his arm out, stopping Kallo from falling as the room shone red. An alert klaxon blazed.

Wong: What in the hell going on up there?!

Kallo was conspicuously silent, glancing up to Wong for a brief second before pushing a hand at his stomach as the medication began to settle.

Wong: …. We’re being attacked. ::Looking back at Kallo:: You knew about this, didn’t you? They’re after you?

Kallo: You're very astute, Lieutenant. It's almost as if I spent three months in a Klingon prison...

Wong: Response?

Kallo: Perhaps this conversation would be better served in my quarters. If you'd like to accompany me?

Wong: Response?

((Kallo's quarters))

The journey to Kallo's quarters was fraught with flashing red lights, dashing Starfleet personnel, and the sudden appearance of a tall woman in a red uniform with harsh green eyes.

She was not Just Commander.

Allison: Response?

Wong: Response?

Kallo: More protection? You make it seem like this is a dire situation.

Anyone could be forgiven for believing Kallo wasn't taking this situation at all seriously. And perhaps, on some level, that was true. However, underneath his mildly jovial nature was a calculating Valtese man thinking very hard about his soon-to-be-captors and how exactly he was going to slip from their hands.

The Klingons hands. Not Starfleet's. Such confusions were the perils of being two steps ahead. It all made sense in his strange brain.

Allison/Wong: Response?

In came another familiar face.

Kallo: Ensign Throne! Welcome back to the fray.

Thorne: Response?

Tbc . . .

Kallo Ver
Treasure hunter & smuggler extraordinaire

C238803SB0