PNPC Lt. Commander Kamela Allison-Parker," Insurance"

KENNETH COTTON

May 3, 2021, 9:52:55 PM5/3/21
to 'michael barnes' via USS Veritas – UFOP: StarBase 118

(( Deck Six- Intelligence Office-USS Veritas ))

Kamela had the intelligence office set up the way she wanted, although she didn’t quite have everything she needed. Doing intelligence work out here was very different than it was in the rest of the Federation, and those constraints made it infinitely more difficult to do her job. However, her main function now was to make sure they got this prisoner Kallo back into Federation hands at the installation at Esperance. The mere fact that it was taking a joint task force to bring this guy in  signaled two things…one, this guy was important, and two…somebody was going to make a play for him. For two months straight they had been winding their way through the Shadows, with her sending reports which would take seemingly forever to get where they needed to go. Kamela was no fool. She knew a play was going to be made on their prisoner, the only question was where and when would the attempted jailbreak happen…

On her desktop monitor, a picture of their prisoner/passenger Kallo was displayed. Next to that picture were a list of charges and encounters Kallo had had with the Veritas crew over the last five years. At the very least, he should be incarcerated for escape, according to the file she could see. It certainly did not play well for the Marshals to allow him to escape, and to prevent that, three starships were assigned to bring him in.

Being an analyst, Kamela knew there was much more at play than what was on the surface, and with intel being in a literal black hole out here, something rang someones’ bell in San Franscisco, and rang it loud and clear. Kallo was beyond important…he was critical to something, and although she didn’t know what it was, what she did know was that Kallo needed to be delivered, alive, to deliver the information he held in his swarmy little head. The troubling fact that the Klingons were persuaded to give him up also meant that this guy was very, very valuable and sooner or later, the fireworks would start in earnest.

On another screen, Kamela could se and hear conversations on the bridge. It was a useful feature to get an idea what the senior staff were thinking, and perhaps assist them in whatever was going on. The latest check in with the Klingons went well, and with Commander Kelrods’ launching of probes to increase their range…all hell broke loose…

The Veritas rocked under the deluge of weapons fire as the alarm klaxon whooped in response and the lights turned crimson. Now that the attack had come, her job was to assist the Veritas crew in keeping Kallo in Starfleet hands at all costs. With that in mind, Kamela asked the computer where Kallo was, who told her that he was in his quest quarters. Further quick inquiries told her that he was not alone there. Grabbing a Type Two phaser from a locker, grabbing a backpack with a few accessories, then locking down the Intelligence suite, Kamela headed for Kallo, four decks up…

(( Deck Two- Kallos’ Quarters ))

The chaos of a starship in combat was the smell of burning conduit, the pounding of boots on the decks, the red lighting giving everything a hellish quality while the crew did their best to keep the ship in the fight, and Kamela knew what they were facing…forty three ships had jumped them, but right now she had no way of knowing how many the three starships had taken down. Tapping an override code, Kamela was now inside the guest quarters, looking face to face with the Klingon medical officer Wong and the detestable countenance of Kallo. Kamela dropped the backpack on the table and  spoke…

Allison: Don’t be alarmed. I’m here to give you a bit more protection.

Wong: response

Kallo: More protection? You make it seem like this is a dire situation.

They had no idea how much they were in the deep end of what was going to become an extremely dangerous situation very quickly. However, she was not about to tell them just how bad things were. Kamela spoke…

Allison: I will say this…things are serious.

Wong: response

The door opened again, this time depositing a blonde haired woman wearing the red of Security came in, no doubt reinforcements. She was much smaller than Kamela , but she knew from experience small did not mean able to do the job, and do it well. The object of all their attention spoke…

Kallo: Ensign Throne! Welcome back to the fray.

Thorne: Thank you. Feeling better?

Kallo: response

Thorne: Good to hear. Me on the other hand...::tapping her stomach and turning to look at the Commander:: Commander? Is everything okay?

Allison: Considering the fact that we are currently under attack :: the ship shook as she said it:: I would say things are…in flux. And you are?

Thorne: I am Ensign Lilith Thorne. I have been assigned here by Commander Kelrod to protect our guest from...::mouthing the words  and cupping her mouth with her hands so only the Commander could see in order to avoid potential panic:: abduction.

Kamela nodded. They were on the same page, at least in thinking that protecting Kallo was job one.

Allison: Lieutenant Commander Kamela Allison-Parker, Pleased to meet you. What orders were you given?

Thorne: I have been instructed to implement protocol gamma five should such an occurrence commence.

The rest of the security team had arrived , making what was once a very spacious suite now seem to be very crowded. The room was not the easiest place to defend, but it gave them two fallback points which they would hopefully not need. Kamela hated the idea of making a last stand in the toilet…

Allison: Understood. Deploy your people as you see fit, subject to revision if necessary.

Thorne: Very well, Commander. As you wish. Should you require any changes to the arrangement then I will have to double check with my direct superior, Commander Kelrod, before any form of implementation.

Kallo: response

Allison: He’s a bit busy at the moment shooting the guns. We get boarded, you are not going to have time for that…

Which was true. Kamela did not want to pull rank but she was the senior officer, and Kelrod had his hands full. If they were boarded, things were going to go at light speed to keep Kallo safe. Thorne spoke…

Thorne: Everything is just fine sir. This is...normal... procedure to protect guests when starships are under attack. Try to lay low. Hopefully all this will end soon and we all can happily continue along our merry way! ::attempting a reassuring fake smile.::

Kamela saw the smile and knew it was about as phony as a Ferengi wanting to lose money…

Kallo: response

Allison: Don’t worry Kallo…we won’t let you die on the toilet…

Kallo: response

Looking at Wong, Kamela spoke…

Allison: How are we fixed for medical supplies? You have any equipment with you?

Wong: response

Allison: We’re all here until this thing is over. In my backpack I’ve got extra power packs, first aid supplies, and a transporter inhibiter to keep any unwelcome guests out of here, or:: looking at Kallo:: keeping you from being beamed out of here.

Wong: response

Allison: One more thing Mister Wong…

Wong: response

Allison: There are a couple extra phasers in there. Grab one for yourself.

Wong: response

Allison: Ensign, set phasers to heavy stun, and set up the inhibitors.

Thorne: response

The Veritas rocked again, the lights dimmed for an uncomfortably long time, then came back, but not as bright as they once were. The barrage was almost continuous, and Kamela knew the ships’ shields could not take much more than this. Once the shields went down, Kamela had no doubt they would be boarded. Kamela spoke…

Allison: Lieutenant…is something wrong?

Wong: response

TAG/TBC

PNPC Lt. Commander Kamela Allison-Parker

Intelligence Officer

USS Veritas

As simmed by:

Lt. Commander Hannibal Tiberious Parker