Ens Thorne - Protection of the Unworthy

Tracey Townson

May 7, 2021, 10:40:16 PM5/7/21
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
((USS Veritas - Guest Quarters))

Thorne: ::turning to Kallo:: I hope you are worth it.

Blake: He isn't.

Lilith's blue eyed gaze shifted from Kallo Ver to that of the First Officer leaning against the open door frame. Lilith turned back towards Kallo and frowned. He did not see it as his focus was also now on Commander Blake. Hearing the response, Lilith was wondering what the reasoning for the man's protection at the potential cost of Starfleet officers' lives was if he really wasn't worth it. Learning this, Lilith thought to herself that Kallo was extremely lucky that she wasn't in charge. Lilith would have handed the man over to his potential abductors without hesitation to save the lives of her crew, especially after just hearing this answer to her query. No, Lilith thought, there must have been a reason to sacrifice Starfleet officers in this regard. No Starfleet officer would place their crew at such a risk without a reasonable excuse to do so. Lilith surmised the response was to maybe made to make Kallo feel bad or guilty for some reason. Lilith was a bit confused but surmised this was neither the time, or the place to request any type of explanation.

Kallo: Just Commander! What a pleasant surprise.

Blake: Stow it, Kallo.

The Commander then straightened up and turned to the officers inside the room and addressed them.

Blake: Do both.

Thorne: Commander?

Wong: Response?

Blake: Use the site-to-site as a decoy to the nearest holodeck. Travel on foot to the farthest. I can't guarantee we have the power to maintain the facade for long, but it buys us time to gather security around Kallo.

Thorne: Aye, Commander.

Allison/Wong: Response?

Blake: You'll have to make do with me for now. The other security parties are repelling boarders. Its better if we travel with fewer people, anyway.

Commander Blake approached a Jefferies Tube hatch next to the guest quarters replicator. She punched in her security code and pulled it open.

Thorne: I see now.

Lilith figured out the plan at this point. She scolded herself for not noticing it earlier.

Allison/Wong: Response?

Blake: Wong, can you set up a program for Holodeck One here? That'll be the decoy for the site to site.

Wong: Response?

Blake: Thorne, contact the transporter room. Once Wong is done, get them to perform the transport. After that, we leave on foot, via the Jefferies Tubes.

Thorne: Understood, Commander.

Allison/Wong: Response?

And with that Lilith completed the instructed orders and then looked over to the Commander.

Thorne: Transport ready on Lieutenant Wong's command.

Allison/Wong/Blake/Kallo: response

The ship rocked once again and Lilith could hear the sounds of heavy footsteps in the corridor outside the guest room along with multiple exchanges of phaser fire. Lilith didn't need a tricorder to verify the situation. She looked to Lieutenant Wong and then to Commander Blake.

Thorne: ::quietly in almost a whisper:: They're here. ::removing her phaser and aiming it at the door.::

Allison/Wong/Blake/Kallo: response

-TBC-

Ensign Lilith Thorne
Security