Captain Roshanara Rahman: The Next Chapter

richyulin

Aug 31, 2018, 11:45:20 AM8/31/18
to UFOP: StarBase 118 – USS Veritas
//Captain's Log, Stardate 239508.31

Veritas is continuing on course to Havley, and we are scheduled to arrive within the next few days. Before then, I've assembled the senior staff in the officer's mess to recognize both their efforts in this past mission dealing with the Borg threat and Omega and to say farewell to one of our own as he embarks on the next chapter of his career.//

((Officer's Mess, USS Veritas))

::The captain cleared her throat and stepped forward, and the chatter of small talk quickly died down. She looked around the gathering of faces -- some smiling, others waiting patiently for her to begin.::

Rahman: Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for coming. Today we celebrate your achievements as well as congratulate and wish well Commander Blair as he begins his tenure as first officer of the USS Constitution.

Any: Response

::She turned to the man, gesturing for him to join her.::

Rahman: Any parting thoughts, commander?

Blair: Response

Any: Response

Rahman: If they give you a hard time over there, commander, you just let us know. I'm sure we can set them straight.

Blair: Response

::She chuckled lightly before continuing.::

Rahman: Everyone, I'm also delighted to announce we have more congratulations in order.

::She looked over to find Evan.::

Rahman: Lt. Commander Delano, will you come up here? And please bring your husband, too.

Delano: Response

Mei'konda: Response

::Once the two men were by her side, she took out a small box from her pocket and gave it to Mei'konda. She figured the Caitian would want the honors. She then turned to Evan.::

Rahman: Lt. Commander Evan Delano, your recent actions against the Borg have not gone unnoticed by Starfleet Command. It is but the latest accomplishment in a long list over the course of your career. As such, Starfleet Command has granted me the authority to promote you to the rank of full commander, effective immediately. Congratulations, Commander.

::She nodded at Mei'konda for him to replace the third hollow pip on his husband's collar for the solid gold pip in the box.::

Delano: Response

Mei'konda: Response

Any: Response

::Once Mei'konda had finished placing the pip on Evan's collar, Roshanara joined in the applause and then took a step back.::

Rahman: And now, for your first act as a full commander, I would like you to lead the rest of the ribbons ceremony, since they were your crew as acting captain.

Delano: Response

TAG! TBC...

Captain Roshanara Rahman
Commanding Officer, USS Veritas